CIB CAO F&BM – Allocations & Metrics VP
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Enterprise Technology Financial Management group has oversight of $1bn+ of CIB wide spend on Infrastructure, application, and end user and other Enterprise technology expenses.
Key to success within the Infrastructure Finance role is providing transparency around CTO’s cost base and partnering with numerous stakeholders to provide direction and actions which will drive efficiency. The role will support the reporting needs of CIB Senior Management, CIB Technology, Finance & Business Management, Corporate, and other entities. The candidate must be able to organize, and deliver monthly and ad hoc requests and quickly define views that prompt decisions by Senior Management. The role demands superior analytical skills, presentation, technical abilities and flexibility.
The candidate should have extensive experience in providing monthly financial analysis that highlights key drivers and dependencies impacting results and the overall health of the organization. The candidate should also have experience collaborating with high-performing teams, a good working knowledge of financial systems and processes, as well as experience with managing extremely large data-sets and using aggregation tools to consolidate data into meaningful reporting views.
Responsibilities will include the oversight of monthly allocations, analysis of all centrally produced financial management reporting (actual and plan) for CIB technology, assisting in annual budgeting and support delivery of management information, and oversight and assistance in ad hoc projects.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Management of Monthly Financial Activities (Recoveries & Forecasting)
- Partner with CTOs and application developers
- Management of IT finances including Direct / Indirect chargeback & allocation methodologies
- Understanding of inventory management
- Management of monthly financial recoveries process for multiple expenses including indirects, depreciation and other Corporate overhead allocations
- Management of monthly financial forecast process
- Management of accruals and operating margins
- Management of monthly financial variance commentary
Senior Management Reporting
- Tracking & reporting on key productivity & efficiency programs: CIB Technology GTI efficiency program, server decommission program, application decommission reporting which are closely reviewed by senior management
- Creation of PowerPoint presentations and dashboards for senior management, needs to be accurate, of very high quality and often requiring quick turn-around.
- Reconciliation and analysis of monthly financials from multiple reporting tools
- Analysis and presentation of financial variances and trends, consolidation and reporting of explains
- Ability to summarize complex data sets and provide key messages specifically highlighting risks as soon as they become apparent
- Co-ordination of planning process across CIB Technology
- Tracking and driving of budget against pre-set targets
- Production and presentation of planning reporting to senior management
Key Skill Requirements Include:
- Chartered Accountant / MBA in finance with 10+ years of working experience in financial planning, forecasting and variance/ trend analysis will be preferred
- Advanced systems skills required including knowledge of Excel, Essbase and PowerPoint, Qlikview.
- Detail oriented individual capable of completing reporting and analytics accurately, on a timely basis, and in a presentable manner
- Capacity and desire to work both at a strategic and detailed analysis level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Individual must be able to work independently as well as in a team situation
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi task
- Self-motivated individual to go beyond immediate responsibilities