J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Investments Middle Office is a main point of contact for Investors and Managed Solutions teams for operational activities across all products for the International Private Bank. This team is responsible for supporting the business in various locations for EMEA, ASIA and LATAM. A close coordination with the US Private Bank team is also required to make the support global. The team is located in Edinburgh, Geneva, London, Mumbai, Singapore and Hong Kong.
The manager will have oversight of the department with teams located in 6 different cities, which will each have local management. Apart from leadership responsibilities, the managers’ primary role is to:
- Ensure activities on boarded by the teams coincide with the groups’ long term plan and that procedures are in place to manage operational, reputational or regulatory risks.
- Oversee the implementation of changes to the investment toolset, that allows the business leverage the toolset and focus on business critical tasks.
- Stakeholder management including coordination of activity transfer to/from other departments as well as onboarding new activities resulting from changes.
- Centralized support for the investment teams and resolving all trading issues.
- Support change management from the business or regulatory changes, including requirement review and prioritization, operating model definition, testing and production release of any technical changes to applications used by investment teams.
- Manage the implementation of technical changes through investor training and expedient resolution of any post release issues.
- Centralized management of entitlements, which can be modified resulting from business changes, or require access gatekeeping for audit and control reasons.
- Business analytics function to support investment teams with data analytics.
All these functions require a close partnership with operations, technology, business management, investment teams, control functions, and project teams. The teams’ role is very broad the successful candidate must have the ability to lead the teams and drive strategic objectives. The successful candidate must also demonstrate an exceptional capacity to exercise good judgement under pressure.
In addition to having oversight on a variety of tasks, there is strong emphasis on the ability to prioritize tasks and communicate efficiently with key partners.
The candidate should have relevant experience in Asset Management, Investment Banking or Custodian / Funds Services business and broad knowledge on products, ideally 10+ years in a reputable bank, fund administrator or financial institution and looking to take on a new challenge in a fast paced and ever changing environment. Candidates should in addition have the following attributes:
- Strong capacity to lead and guide the teams in multiple locations towards strategic objectives.
- Must be highly disciplined, a self starter, and have the ability to execute on assignments independently.
- Adaptability to learn new tasks and demonstrate a willingness to understand the details of a process.
- Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking is required.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- High level of integrity
Previous experience in trade support and/or strategic planning, operating model development and data analysis and/or consulting.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.