As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This team looks after a few real time pricing, market making, trade capture and Risk and PNL Management applications for the Interest Rate Derivatives trading desks under CIB. The team works with these businesses, interface directly with the traders, marketers, middle office, market risk and QR groups to gather requirements and build robust solutions. The team is migrating some of the Java or Excel/VBA applications to the in house end to end trading system (Athena). The migration is a multi-year program involving trade capture, market making, deal and event modeling, risk calculation, and building out integrated solutions to financial markets. This is a critical area where throughput, performance and reliability are key elements.
The candidate will typically have at least 1-5 year’s programming experience in a major Object Oriented language such as Java, C/C++ or Python.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Analyze, design and code business-related solutions, as well as core architectural changes, using an Agile programming approach resulting in software delivered on time and in budget;
- Make standard modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards;
- Participate in global code review, testing, QA, Level 3 support and training of new implementations;
- Communicate with users (both FO and MO), QR and peer Technology / Operate teams as needed;
- Assume ownership of particular tasks.
Degree: Bachelor’s (or PhD/Master’s) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience of working in a large development team, using agile techniques and Object Oriented development and scripting languages
- Experience developing commercial software with User Interface (UI), during which time they will have gained considerable experience of Object Oriented software practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate accurately, concisely and effectively in a global organization
- Experience of a project life-cycle, including breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and estimating the work required
- Experience or familiarity with basic principles of pricing financial products, esp. fixed income securities, and trading/risk management processes
- Confident nature, willing & able to work on trading floor type of seating layout
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with demanding sponsors and stakeholders
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills
- The ability to work under pressure within agreed timelines and to support multiple tasks in parallel
- Self-starter with proven ability to produce end results with minimal assistance
- Experience of working in global teams
- Control oriented
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.