J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Client Onboarding Officer will be part of the global Middle Office Operations team supporting all aspects of client Onboarding to include the
fulfilment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements and opening new accounts. The Client Onboarding
Officer will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, and will ensure high
quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships. The Client Onboarding
Officer will own the end to end Onboarding of new clients and subsequent periodic renewal process of all clients. The Client Onboarding Officer
will assist with the drafting and gathering of client documents and make independent recommendations regarding AML risk at a client level prior
to final review by the client-facing team. The Client Onboarding Officer will review client documentation and facilitate the opening of new
accounts. The Client Onboarding Specialists are expected to stay current with all regulatory changes and requirements around client KYC,
Suitability and Documentation
• A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
• Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
• Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
• Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
• Willingness to make decisions, while ensuring buy in from stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate with clients and internal partners.
• Partnering with the client facing teams to collect required legal documents and associated information to meet all regulatory and internal polices
• Consistent engagement with front office teams
• Act as a subject matter expert on required legal documents and process to onboard a client to PB platforms
• Undertake quality review of clients’ KYC records
• Manage and facilitate client due diligence, including coordinating the participation of JPMorgan stakeholders who have KYC responsibilities
• Perform data quality review of KYC tickets for completeness, including ensuring all appropriate information is contained in the KYC to meet all
regulatory, legal, bank and audit requirements
• Prepare and review documents to open and fund new accounts
• Serve as point of contact for KYC and reporting issues for designated clients
• Act as a KYC and AML subject matter resource for KYC due diligence teams
• Act as a subject matter resource on the KYC/AML and account opening policies and procedures
• Participate in annual AML discussions with clients
• Discuss and escalate with Compliance complex issues surrounding client types and structures, financial products and services, and other AML
Required Skills and Qualifications
• BS/BA Degree - Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred or equivalent military experience
• 3 to 5 years of experience with in a financial services, operational or compliance fields
• Knowledge of Trust, Banking, Lending, Brokerage and Portfolio Management, a plus.
• Prior experience in AML / KYC a plus
• Management Experience preferred not required.
• Client Onboarding and/or documentation analysis experience preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to get up to speed quickly with new or unfamiliar subject matter.
• Strong client focus and ability to partner with various internal groups and client coverage
• Independent, self-motivated, with an ability to adapt and be flexible in a team environment
• Comfortable with communicating with Front office investors and end clients of the Private bank
• Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
• Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
• Strong risk and controls awareness
• Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture