Wealth Management, Account Control Team, Analyst
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Global Wealth Management (GWM) is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Introduction to Role
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within JP Morgan. GWM is establishing a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML and KYC requirements. This is a great opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practises within JP Morgan and the industry.
The Client Onboarding Officer will be part of the global Middle Office Operations team supporting all aspects of client Onboarding to include the fulfilment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements. The Client Onboarding Officer will own the end to end Account Opening of new clients and subsequent Maintenance process of all clients. Will also be responsible to prepare & publish MI’s to Onboarding Team Senior Management – Asia & Global & Control Reports for the Asia Onboarding Team.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Strong MS Office knowledge. Advanced Excel skills with Macros, Formulas, etc.
- Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking
- Multi-tasker who can manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Willingness to make decisions, while ensuring buy in from stakeholders
- Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Perform Processes
- Undertake quality review of clients’ Account records
- Serve as point of contact for Static and reporting issues for designated clients
- Act as a subject matter resource on the policies and procedures
- BS/BA Degree - Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred or equivalent military experience
- 2- 5 years of experience with in a financial services, operational or compliance fields
- Prior experience in AML / KYC a plus
- Client Onboarding and/or documentation analysis experience preferred
- Ability to get up to speed quickly with new or unfamiliar subject matter
- Experience in leading / managing global teams
- A "can do" attitude is a must with a passion for driving best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate
- Strong analytical, prioritization and organizational skills
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Strong risk and controls awareness
- Capacity to think laterally and convey an understanding of the big picture
- Maintains a sense of urgency and ability to prioritize/multi-task
- Strong client focus and ability to partner with various internal groups and client coverage
- Ability to successfully navigate a complex infrastructure that involves numerous groups and individuals
- Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributing member of a high performing organization