Fraud Prevention Analytics Manager
Req #: 180011334
Job Category: Corporate Staff
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Global Security and Investigations protects the firm's employees and assets throughout the world. This responsibility includes the development of security and safety policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative compliance, Security guard management and alarm response, crisis management, ATM, branch and corporate building security and customer safety, physical crime investigations, workplace violence, fire and life safety, executive protection, due diligence, pre-employment screening, security operations on a global basis, fraud Investigations and cyber security.
The Fraud Prevention Analytics family includes roles related to data gathering, analysis and reporting. Individuals work directly with data and information, creating meaningful analyses, reports and management presentations in support of client, business unit or function activities and performance. Types of analysis and reporting may include: quality review, workflow analysis, process improvement, regular business or client reporting, budget management, financial reporting and/or a variety of other function specific purposes.
As a Fraud Prevention Analytics Manager you will:
- Oversees the preparation of complex reports and performance and production analysis
- Serves as high level point of contact for business partners
- Assists with cross-functional teams for report delivery
- Participates in/supports complex business analysis and planning for multiple functions or LOBs
- Coaches and mentors less experienced team members
- May provide overall team direction
- May manage team support of internal and external audiences which could include financial, client, operational and regulatory data.
- May manage Business Analysis and Reporting staff
The firm-wide Fraud Prevention Analytics Manager will be responsible for collecting and performing detailed analysis of multiple LOB related fraud data and provide reporting on fraud trends, fraud losses, and fraud prevention. Using data provided from internal sources, candidate must be able to routinely interpret fraud loss MBR data from multiple LOB sources and through research and analysis, produce actionable intelligence to help the firm mitigate/prevent fraud.
- Analyze multiple LOB Fraud loss MBR's and provide reporting on fraud trends, fraud prevention resulting from GS&I action, and fraud losses.
- Use statistical analysis to identify fraud/fraud trends and assist in the development of targeted solutions to prevent fraud.
- Assist in making recommendations for mitigating/preventing fraud.
- Create internal and external reports to support analytic findings.
- Provide briefings to Senior Management of results of analysis and fraud trends.
- Assist in the selection of new analytical tools and adapt existing analytical, tools and data to meet requirements.
Skills required are advanced:
- Organizational skills
- MS Office skills with high proficiency in Excel
- Problem/issue resolution
- Oral and written communication
- Ability to think globally
- Statistical tools, packages and/or modeling techniques
Knowledge required is advanced:
- LOB knowledge
- Business processes and procedures
- Business applications and workflow's
- May be required to have business-specific skills/certification
- Multi-function disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry.
- Candidate must have a clearly demonstrated understanding of the banking industry and its practices.
- Preferred experience working with multiple LOB's across the Firm footprint
- Strong proficiency with current programs, analytic tools and techniques used by JPMC.
- Experience in the automation of aggregating and analyzing large amounts of data for intelligence purposes.
- Knowledge and experience using data mining tools a plus.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in responding to deadlines and workflow requirements.
- Able to articulate analysis of firm-wide fraud data and fraud trends to both a technical and a non-technical audience.
- Able to interface with various LOB risk groups and industry peers in subjects related to fraud loss reporting and trending.
- Knowledge of computers and the processing of data.
- Ability to identify and recommend remediation strategies on a regular basis.
- Strong knowledge of the data required to conduct analysis and trending patterns.
- Ability to prepare and analyze data in a logical manner and be able to summarize findings to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills combined with the ability to explain complex scenarios and lead group discussions.
- Bachelor's Degree required and preferred in areas such as Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or Operational Research.
- Masters Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Operational Research a plus.