We are looking for a candidate to be a part of a core agile feature team on a variety of software development and integration projects with excellent technology experience. Candidate must be proficient in a distributed and/or mainframe environment.
As a Mainframe Application Support Analyst, you will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and support of several Global Mainframe applications, including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issue resolution and/or escalation. Your responsibilities will include root cause analysis, management communication and client relationship management in partnership with the business and technical operations teams.
Key Responsibilities and Typical Duties include the following:
To manage and resolve day-to-day production support issues for a number of mainframe applications that support Securities processing throughout the world:
- Incident and problem management
- To update key control systems according to procedure and in a timely manner (within JPMorgan these include Alacrity/ConQuest/HPSM, EPV, ITSM)
- To create and update “run book” documentation for the supported applications as required
- To participate in Critical Site Tests for supported applications
- To assist with project UAT testing when appropriate, especially as related to non-functional requirements
- The mission-critical nature of these globally-used applications means that on occasion it will be necessary for the successful candidate to work extended hours at short notice to help see an incident through to resolution.
- To enable an effective response to off-hours incidents a call-out rotation is maintained across the wider team. The successful candidate will be expected to be part of this rotation
Experience - Required:
- Experience with an IBM zSeries Mainframe environment.
- Knowledge of z/OS, JCL, TSO/ISPF
- Proficient usage and knowledge of COBOL/Natural
- Proficient usage and knowledge of DB2/Adabas and VSAM
- Knowledge of CONTROLM/CA7/ZEKE scheduling tools
Experience working with all types of data files including Generation Data Groups, VSAM, Partitioned, and Physical Sequential files
Working knowledge of JCL and batch job execution in a mainframe environment including use of Procedures.
Ability to learn/use File-AID for browsing file data.
Knowledge/experience with SyncSort.
Experience with CICS for online application functionality support.
Experience with MQSeries communications.
Knowledge of NDM/sFTP transmission protocols.
Capacity for complexity.
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Knowledge of relevant businesses such as custody, fund accounting, clearance, securities lending, cash management and alternative investments (e.g. derivatives and hedge funds) or the organisations that use these services
- Previous exposure to application support
- Any non-mainframe IT experience is a bonus
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the financial services and operations industry.
- Effectively leverages knowledge to understand and address typical customer issues.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and adjust productivity to support peak volumes.
- Must be able to follow outlined processes and procedures accurately.
- PC skills (Microsoft office proficiency Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Must be able to work in a teamwork environment with a diverse group
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.