Chase is the neighborhood bank for thousands of communities across the country. Chase serves approximately one out of every six Americans through more than 5,600 bank branches; 19,000 ATMs; mortgage offices; online and mobile banking; as well as relationships with auto dealerships, schools and universities. Chase.com is the most visited banking portal in United States, and Chase Mobile users are growing at a rate of nearly 350,000 per month. With such a broad range of consumer businesses, the mission at Chase is quite simple: to be industry leader in customer experience. Chase has more than 160,000 employees across the world to help achieve this goal.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambitions is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
With the development of these innovative new services comes the challenge of providing controls that reassure and protect the customers, manage risk and provide a great customer experience especially for customers engaging with us online.
To enable great services we need great identity proofing as well as CIP and fraud risk management controls. We are looking for an Executive Director to take on responsibility for developing the strategy for these controls, designing how they operate across lines of business, and leading the execution of their implementation.
In the role of Identity Verification Strategy Owner, you will be responsible for the exploration, and design of the business and technical capabilities associated with establishing Chase customers’ identities, and the assessment of risk during originations.
The role will set the strategy and roadmap for how identities will be:
· Captured, verified and support CIP processes through traditional (CRA) and non-traditional means (e.g. new digital identity proofing tools)
· Assessed for “risk”, e.g. for the possibility that the identity may be synthetic, malicious, being impersonated or taken over
· Used to improve the customers’ experience, enroll new customers to Digital services, and originate new products
· Shared across channels and support multi-channel originations processes
Day to day responsibilities will include:
· Developing the vision and strategy for identity proofing
· Exploring the opportunities offered by, and the potential means of establishing a customer’s identity
· Consulting with teams developing new-to-to bank enrolment, and new products and service originations processes, to determine the identity assurance and controls required
· Understanding the external marketplace, both from the point of view of what suppliers can offer and what competitors are doing, and incorporating the best aspects in our strategy and plans
· Understanding how our customers perceive and experience our controls, and designing how we improve them
· Identifying critical gaps in the existing controls and designing how these gaps will be corrected
· Understanding the regulatory influences (e.g. privacy, CIP) on the development of the Bank’s controls and making we are in track to meet these requirements, and interpreting Bank policy as it affects these controls
You will have:
· 10+ years of strategic experience, preferably in the financial services and/or digital space
· The ability to think strategically and communicate complex ideas clearly
· The ability to develop practical means of using and implementing new concepts in identity verification
· The ability to work within white space and craft an actionable roadmap while partnering with multiple lines of business
· The ability to partner across various internal teams to optimize customer experience while minimizing risk (fraud, compliance, etc.)
· Performed a similar role within a financial institution or payment services provider, or a vendor operating in this space
· 2+ years experience of designing and developing authentication, fraud and security controls
· 5+ years experience of operating in a Digital or e-Commerce business or channel
· A high degree of technological awareness (e.g. of developments in mobile banking apps, and potential attack vectors)
· Bachelor's degree required, Master's/MBA degree preferred
· Financial industry background is highly desired but not required
· Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a dynamic environment
· Communication Skills - ability to communicate ideas, concepts to business leadership and technical stakeholders
· A great ability to interpret data and MI and provide robust analysis to support recommendations
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.