Job Description:Functional Architect – Credit Risk Technology Securities Workstream
The hands-on Functional Architect who would also perform Project Manager/Business Analyst duties for the Securities team within Core Credit Risk Technology will partner with Technology, Credit Risk, Middle Office, Risk Reporting and Operations to manage sourcing and consumption of securities data by the strategic Credit Risk applications.
The Core Credit Risk platform has over 5,000 users in JPMorgan’s Wholesale Bank, including the Investment Bank, TSS, Asset Management and the Commercial Bank. Core responsibilities for the role include:
Perform Functional Architect and Business Analysis functions required to deliver projects successfully
- Meet with Credit Risk, Middle Office, Risk Reporting and Policy groups to ensure that the business requirements are extracted from users and fully understood.
- Work with component teams to perform any analysis necessary to ensure requirements can be met, including proposing design options
- Document detailed test cases and facilitate testing with stakeholders
- Effectively communicate the implementation of new functionality through training sessions, demos, and documentation
- Review and document data flow and processing for Credit Risk Tech applications to support the strategic program to consume exposure data via Data Services
- Identify and eliminate redundant and obsolete data elements to reduce Credit Risk Technology storage and processing footprint
Project Management of Credit Risk Technology projects related to Securities asset class
- Manage the end to end project plan and work closely with the business analysts, other Technology component teams and upstream systems to ensure a successful delivery.
- Ensure all business requirements are documented at high & low levels of granularity and signed off by appropriate stakeholders.
- Track milestones, and report project status to various stakeholders
- Experience in designing solutions
- Strong data analysis, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- 3-5 years in Business Analysis and Project Management
- 3+ years of technology experience, preferably in financial services
- Ability to facilitate and run meetings with a variety of stakeholders (technologists, business users, etc)
- Ability to query data using PL/SQL
- Team player who openly shares knowledge for the benefit of the entire team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Solid interpersonal and negotiating skills to work with business users and technology across organizational lines.
- Experience writing and reviewing business requirements documents
- Understanding of Credit Risk and Securities products is a plus
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.