Card Services - Fraud Risk Manager, VP
Req #: 180020025
Job Category: Marketing/Communications
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com. Chase Consumer & Community Banking serves nearly 60 million households and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Chase Card Services consists of two businesses: Consumer and Small Business and Commercial Card. The No. 1 credit card issuer in the U.S. based on loans outstanding.
Consumer and Small Business offers a broad array of credit cards to meet the needs of individual consumers and small businesses. Our portfolio includes Chase-branded credit cards - Sapphire, Freedom, Ink and Slate as well as co-branded credit cards offered in partnership with well-known brands and organizations, including AARP, Amazon, Disney, Marriott, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many others in the United States and Canada.
Our Firm-wide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
This Fraud Risk, VP role requires strong leadership, collaboration, analytical skills, communication, and attention to detail. Responsibilities include partnering with various internal team members of the Card Identity Risk team, interfacing directly with senior members of the product and marketing organizations, and with external partners of the firm. This role will be responsible for quantitative and qualitative analysis on the Ink Portfolio to mitigate fraud exposure while optimizing the customer experience in terms of reduced opportunities. This role also requires an understanding of controls and risk management frame work across acquisition and portfolio management. The position has a high level of visibility outside of the Fraud Risk organization and requires the ability to present and interface with senior management.
- Oversight of new business initiatives and strategies specific to our Business Card products
- In depth review and understanding of the performance of existing Risk strategies across various products and channels
- Creation of new reporting and analytics across a variety of fraud and risk types
- Representing Identity Risk and Business Card interests in a variety of executive forums.
- Creation of new controls or requirements for new business initiatives and products
- Partnering with internal team members and other areas of Chase (Risk, Product, Marketing IT, Operations) to both rationalize and implement new strategies
- Present strategies to leadership for approval, obtaining executive buy-in
- Ensure compliance with existing control structure while driving future enhancements to our control structure
- Monitor emerging trends and capabilities
- Communicate across lines of business and all key stakeholder groups
- 5+ years of experience in the consumer/card industry preferably in a fraud or risk management role
- Experience in Business Card or Business Banking preferred
- Data analytics skills and experience are a requirement
- Experience with SAS, Python, R, SQL
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix-management environment
- Working knowledge of banking regulations specific to Credit Card functions, including acquisition, portfolio management, and payment structures
- Demonstrated leadership in applying analytics to efficiently and pragmatically solve business problems through structured problem solving approaches
- Experience in Risk management disciplines
- Knowledge of business practices within the Credit Card industry is a plus
- Proven track record of developing effective controls and managing operational risk
- Proven ability to evaluate the business climate, anticipate change and develop compensating strategies/vision
- History of communicating to senior leaders of an organization