JPMorgan Asset Management is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive investment managers. We are a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. We have a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies along with investment professionals operating in every major world market, offering investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The Investment Management business is a leader across a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match & comprises:
- managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
- 1,300 investment professionals providing more than 350 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
- leadership positions in U.K., Continental Europe, U.S., Asia, and Japan
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the successful design and execution and implementation of a key business strategy – outsourcing of Fund Administration and Transfer Agency services in Taiwan
This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership & overall management for the outsourcing of back, and certain middle office functions to a service provider, supporting a business that has ambitious long term plans for growth in a highly competitive, complex environment.
- Overall Taiwan lead for the outsourcing program with accountability for Design/Manage/Implement of the Taiwan roadmap
- Business liaison between all Taiwan functional teams (Sales, CS, CAO, Compliance, Legal, Operations, Tech, Finance and other control functions), the service provider and the internal program team
- Work closely with business partners and other operational leaders and be able to influence business to define future strategic operating model
- Work closely with technology and senior operational leaders to implement outsourcing solution in Taiwan:
- Establish and manage appropriate governance, leadership and resources around all aspects of running the initiatives (e.g. regulatory, risk, financial, people, technology)
- Ensure effective communication and escalation on overall program status, implementation plans, management issues, priorities and risks
- Monitor and enhance the control processes surrounding operations functions to proactively manage risk
- Develop, implement & monitor performance metrics to ensure the quality and efficiency in implementing the initiatives
- Ensure that the initiatives maximize impact and effectiveness while meeting financial targets
- Partner closely with global & location/region managers to establish consistency and best practices and provide thought leadership
- Align the function to maximize impact and effectiveness while meeting financial targets
Qualifications / Skills
The successful candidate will be a demonstrated leader with a proactive, hands-on management approach and strong operational skills with the following skills.
• 8+ years of relevant project management experience, with experience in Fund Accounting or Transfer Agency a benefit
• Proved ability and experience in implementing large strategic initiatives with significant technology and operational component
• Strong sense of prioritization & ability to execute against deliverables. Able to take personal accountability for projects & issue resolution
• Extensive experience driving process change and efficiencies in a growing business – strong focus on execution and delivery against objectives
• Analytic problem solver with excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with the business, operations, technology & other key stakeholders and work effectively in a matrix organization
• Be able to lead, motivate and get the very best out of a high performing team of operations professionals
• Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
• Financial and budgeting skills
• Excellent understanding of the investment process and associated market practices with the ability to think strategically about how to create business led solutions
• Product knowledge of Investment management product offerings e.g., Mutual Funds, etc.
• Bachelors degree (or equivalent) required
• Language Competencies – English, Mandarin and Cantonese