Asset Management & Wealth Management – Portfolio Analysis Group (PAG) - GIPS Composite Team Manager - Vice President
Req #: 180023169
Job Category: Asset Management
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.4 trillion, over 250,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management advises institutions, endowments, foundations and families through Asset Management and Wealth Management. Our Wealth Management business includes J.P. Morgan Private Bank, J.P. Morgan Securities and Chase Wealth Management.
Asset Management & Wealth Management – Portfolio Analysis Group (PAG) - GIPS Composite Team Manager
Portfolio Analysis Group
J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management’s Portfolio Analysis Group (“PAG”) is responsible for performance measurement and portfolio analytics for external clients and serves as a value-added source of independent analysis and thought leadership for internal clients including portfolio managers, front office advisors, sales & marketing and senior management. Analysis types and activities include, but are not limited to, rate of return calculations, return attribution, risk analytics, competitive analysis and performance composite construction. This analysis is instrumental to help external clients understand drivers of return in their portfolios and help us internally measure the effectiveness of our products and strategies.
We serve different client groups through two main lines of business:
Asset Management which is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors worldwide with a clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns. With over 400 different strategies, Global Investment Management spans the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity.
Wealth Management, which includes both the Ultra High Net Worth and High Net Worth businesses, offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities.
Description of role
PAG seeks a Vice President in our London office to manage the Composite creation project within Asset and Wealth Management. The primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Manage the setup of newly defined Composites
- Support front-office / marketing teams / RFP Team as it pertains to composite performance
- Knowledge of GIPS standards
- Think creatively and deliver innovative solutions to our complex client demands, always striving to find ways to improve processes and service.
- Identify and correct data and process problems; engage with relevant internal teams to eliminate recurrent problems that impact our deliverables
- Provide the best client service experience by understanding our client’s needs and developing relationships across the organization, specifically with Investors/Bankers/Client Portfolio Managers/Portfolio Managers, Middle Office, Client Reporting and others.
- Become a key contributor to the department’s efforts of improving systems and technology, by actively participating in projects and testing of software and system tools.
- Maintain high standards of quality control checks and procedures; develop and review controls in light of key business projects and business changes; be a driver of improvements
- Work effectively with teams and colleagues in different levels of the organization and across different geographical locations, including training and mentorship.
- Design and document policies and procedures as required by GIPS
- Develop staff talent maximizing the firm’s various people initiative programs
- Design and implement applicable and relevant metrics for the GIPS Composite team
- Perform user acceptance testing and validation on system enhancements and conversions
- Present performance concepts and GIPS updates to senior management
- Participate in industry discussions / requests for comments on performance and GIPS issues
- Comprehensive understanding of GIPS Performance Presentation Standards
- Command of performance measurement concepts and methodologies as well as marketing composite calculations and presentation
- Strong knowledge of all asset classes and investment concepts
- Thorough understanding of asset management products and clients is essential, as well as a thorough understanding of accounting principles, and performance and attribution methodologies
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving, and critical thinking, along with an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions, and implement change
- The candidate will have established quantitative skills with strong cognitive and problem solving capabilities
- Strong relationship management skills to build sustainable and productive alliances across matrix organizations
- Experience in working with all areas of investment management, marketing, compliance and client relationship teams
- Ability to synthesize or distill information from a number of sources
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal clients, third party consultants, auditors, custodians and across all employee experience levels
- Extensive knowledge of MS Excel
- CIPM and/or CFA designation a plus
- Industry experience preferable
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase& Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date of Application: 4 April, 2018