The Pyramid evolution project aims at delivering the next generation platform for sales and trading. Its core is built on the latest technology (Java 8, NoSQL, messaging .etc.) and covers the functions required for front office (sales, sales trade workflow) and middle office users.
The role consists in helping the integration of the equity cash trades into the platform to allow the decoupling of the risk platform from the existing position maintenance tool sitting the back office system. The role is challenging due to the volume of data that needs to be ingested and the complexity of the business logic.
· Work with subject matter experts to ensure that the solution meets business needs.
· Develop java services leveraging the current platform and handling the current and projected volumes/executing the required business logic.
· Build with stability, efficiency, scalability, testability in mind. Testing, code quality and design skills are essential in this job.
Business Area Description
The Global Equities Technology stack at J P Morgan is going through a strategic transformation (front to back). This is a multi-year program where the India Tech teams are involved heavily. The technology stack used is predominantly Core Java, C# .NET, C++ and Sybase. We are hiring in the areas of Front Office, Middle Office, Risk Management and Client Intelligence Technologies.
The India Equities Technology organization is 1000+ within JPMorgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization and covers the following functions
- Execution Services Technology comprising of:
o Electronic Trading (Execution core components, Exchange Connectivity, Client on-boarding, DMA, Smart Order Routing - SoR, Algorithmic Trading, Data Analytics etc )
o Flow Sales and Trading (Front Office Sales and Trading Order Management systems and Reporting)
- Risk Management and Structured products
- Trade Management and Cash Middle Office
- Shared Services (Architecture group, Shared components and QA)
- Client Intelligence
We are looking for highly talented and driven technologists who have a track record of delivering outstanding solutions in an investment bank or other fast-paced industry where first class solutions with 5 9’s uptime are the norm.
· Typically 3-5 years hands-on experience and recognized expert on Java. The candidate must be able to answer tough questions n these languages.
· Very pro-active , delivery focus , strong experience on Agile programming
· Good knowledge of the JVM with an understanding of performance and memory optimization .
· Open to new/different technologies.
· Strong OO design skills with good knowledge of object modelling and design patterns.
· Keen to understand and solve business related problems.
· Computer science background with an intellectual rigour
· Relational database experience; ideally Sybase/SQL.
· Experience of messaging e.g. AMQ, Tibco .etc.
· Ability to solve complex problems and a proven track record of high performance and delivery
· Strong communication and team-working skills
· Experience of working in financial services, in a front or middle-office environment.
· Understanding of equity cash trading.
· Experience with NoSQL databases.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran