Who we are
The Technology Resiliency Management team is responsible for ensuring that CIB demonstrates and improves the resiliency of its applications and their support personnel. Our team interacts with our partners in Application Development, Production Management, Corporate and Global Infrastructure teams. The CIB business relies heavily on having stable and resilient applications to be able to provide clients and governments with a first class service, all the time.
Our team understands regulatory requirements, influences company policy and engages with support teams to ensure that the 2000+ applications design, build, test and, in an incident, execute recovery plans efficiently and effectively.
It’s an incredible time for the financial industry and specifically for the resiliency function. The demands from regulators and clients continue to evolve; new technologies, such as cloud and distributed ledger and robotics, provide for a rapidly changing landscape to understand and help shape the business as well as support functions.
In this role, you will gain:
- Broad understanding of the business and regulatory requirements
- Strong understanding of firm-wide policies and standards
- Deep knowledge of the critical processes; their drivers and deliverables
- Continuity planning and execution of technology people and their processes
- Continuity planning and execution of end user technologies used by technology staff
- Influence management skills
Who are we hiring?
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced technologist to be responsible for the day-to-day assessment of impacts to CIB Production Management across multiple locations.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strategic, analytical, system administration and Infrastructure skills with a focus on process improvement expertise along with exceptional client and relationship management skills. Experience managing an end to end technology environment, including experience with software, hardware and other infrastructure components is desired.
To protect markets and clients from wide scale disruption and from systemic risk, US agencies have identified four key resiliency principles. These have been implemented across financial industry and are known as “Resiliency Function”.
The four resiliency principles:
- Identify critical systems supporting critical activities
- Recover and resume within Recovery Time Objective (RTO) after an event
- Maintain geographically dispersed sites and staff
- Test alternate sites routinely for connectivity, functionality and capacity
Working for the Production Management Office, the CIB Technology Resiliency Datacenter Testing Manager is accountable for leading the successful Planning, Execution and Closure of the Disaster Recovery Yearly Planning for the JPMC datacenters worldwide. Throughout the DR Testing lifecycle, the individual will work with the CIB Application Owners, Production Owners and Global Technology Resiliency in order to mobilize, obtain and complete interim and major deliverables, including - but not limited to: Testing scope, schedule, Applications' current testing compliance status, operational and business risks associated to the testing exercise, human and infrastructure resource availability, assess conflicts with other Infrastructure, Applications or Business activities.
The person performing the role has a thorough understanding of Datacenter and Applications Operations: knows every aspect of the infrastructure hosted, such as Applications architecture, business purpose and criticality, interactions and relationships between applications, recovery strategies as well as recovery plans in place (i.e.: Technology Recovery Plans, Datacenter recovery Playbooks) including 3rd. Party / external service providers.
Given the nature of the JPMC CIB business, TR DC Testing Manager is aware and generates awareness for Technology Resiliency Standards and Compliance: demonstrates expertise and transmits knowledge for the Tools, Processes and Procedures to peers and colleagues.
Availability to work on weekends (average once a month, especially during the 1st. half of the Year)
In general, a successful person in this role will act in supervisory capacity co-ordinating the below with the Production Management location leaders and their local support staff.
Key responsibilities and typical duties include the following.
- Define and validate the scope for the Tests, verifying Compliance status using authorized tools
- Generate the E2E Planning and Execution Schedule
- Monitor & Control the completion of the deliverables (e.g.: Change Records, Technology Recovery Plans review and approval, Testing Timetable)
- Engages and meets frequently with all the necessary stakeholders for a successful planning; manage people to allocate necessary human resources
- Close training/knowledge gaps of Testing team as appropriate (e.g.: coaching, provides training materials, performs demos)
- Generates reports, captures and distribute relevant tests planning information (Status reports, Meeting Minutes, Compliance reports) in a weekly basis
- Keeps Sr. Management informed of Risk, Issues and Deviations (e.g.: exceptions, requests to not Test, Escalations)
- Works with Application teams to secure validity of the Recovery Plans prior to test
- Interacts with Global Technology Resiliency and Global Technology Infrastructure teams to ensure capacity of the Datacenters (e.g.: MQ Messaging, Storage/SAN)
- Ensures data quality and consistency across all Systems Of Record of the Company - resolves detected issues
- Leads the Test execution representing CIB, by generating a Command Center, ensuring all stakeholders participation; informs all parties involved (e.g.: Business Partners, Sr. Management)
- Conducts Post-Test activities, ensuring all test results are appropriately stored, as well as evaluates successful and unsuccessful posts in order to close or drive a re-test or corrective actions
- Collects Lessons Learned and follows up on any Test open issues/pending items until completion
- Regularly evaluates Processes and Procedures performance in order to improve or keep lean
Innovation: looks for improved automated ways to perform iterative work
Technology and Business Qualifications:
• College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
• 7 to 10 years of IT experience and related management experience (with or without direct reports in charge)
• Technology acumen: Demonstrates experience in Disaster Recovery, ideally coordinating DR drills or having participated in any of its phases: design, execution, validation/testing; is familiar with diverse Failover/Failback strategies; past experience in Technological roles (e.g.: 3 to 5 years as platform administrator)
• Business acumen: The individual developed his career in large to very-large regional or worldwide companies, in a multi-cultural environment. Banking/Financial Industry background is a plus.
• Solid Data Center services knowledge, needs the ability to interact with a wide variety of supporting groups, ranging from Server Admins, DBAs, Storage, Networking, Middleware Web & App. Servers, among others distributed technologies; 3rd. Party vendors/suppliers management is a plus
• Experience in Production Support / Applications Support, working with complex Platforms and Applications architectures - mission-critical / highly available Applications
• Fully understands the relationship between the Business and the Technology as a whole - has the ability to map concepts such as application feeds, batches, upstream/downstream data flows, and its interlock between diverse applications and architectures (e.g.: Legacy, Web, Cloud)
• Demonstrates expertise in dealing with different stakeholders, from technical savvy individuals, to Senior Mgmt., accommodating the speech or language based on the audience
• Infrastructure skills: Complete understanding of ITIL, in special Change Management, Datacenter Operations and Disaster Recovery - manages the role jargon and concepts, such as RTO, RTC, HA, DR, Failover, etc.
• Applications skills: understands the work dynamic between Development and Production Support teams for maintaining 24 x 7 a business purely sustained by technology - experience or exposure to a DevOps environment is a plus
• Understands the various technological roles behind a Business Platforms: Developers, Operators, Support, Product Owners, App. Owners; interacts with them in a daily basis in a collaborative fashion
• Is capable of interpreting KPIs and Metrics, to proactively act upon by taking corrective actions. E.g.: detects lack of Compliance, deviations to Standard KPIs, incomplete or missing information; assumes that Data Quality and Data Integrity is vital for proper decision making in the event of a disaster
• Taking advantage of their technical skills, is capable of assessing and auditing Recovery Plans, as well as Datacenter Test results looking for poor quality records
• Project Management skills, focused on Scope Management, Schedule Management (Critical Path, Milestones, Deliverables); Reporting (Progress, Status, Charts and Figures); leads the Planning & Execution phases End to End, capturing Lessons Learned, and mitigating Operational and Business Risks
• Fully accountable for the Datacenter testing oversight & control, has the ability to influence others to achieve results and deliver on a timely manner; escalates when all given possibilities are exhausted
• Interacts with peers and Sr. Management of the team, in order to fulfil the different reporting and supporting needs of the area; e.g.: generates and share documentation, develops guides and job aids, adjusts material to keep current and up to date
• Works to deliver within schedules that are strict with unmovable deadlines, iterating throughout the year
• Is able to negotiate, pact and agree against the competing demands for resources in order to deliver the Datacenter testing as forecasted in the Yearly planning
• As a trusted partner to the Organization, acts as source of consultation for the Processes, Procedures, Standards and Tools of the Technology Resiliency group, providing guidelines and advice as a subject matter expert
• Effective and concise presentation skills are a must - maximizes the utilization of all the available communications channels existing in the Company
• Comprehends Standards and Policies, as well as Regulatory requirements; utilize only approved tools and processes provided by the Company to perform the job (e.g.: approved productivity tools, official CMDB and Resiliency system of records)
• Fast-learner, proactively defines his/her training needs, while he/she applies knowledge on the go; has Innovation in mind to improve Processes & Procedure improving the time to delivery by seeking, researching an leveraging the Company assets (Software, Tools, Knowledge)
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran