About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Equities
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in providing a wide range of innovative equities solutions to investor and issuer clients — from initial public offerings, secondary placements and equity-linked structures, to private placements, equity derivatives products, and block and portfolio trading services. We continually refine our product offerings to provide cutting-edge ideas, superior execution and state-of-the-art tools for today’s changing markets. Serving corporate, institutional and hedge fund clients, J.P. Morgan offers a full service global equities platform, with execution capabilities across all listed and OTC market centers globally.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help maintain relationships with clients and match our services and products to their needs. You will work with the trading and research teams to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates, executing client orders and providing institutional clients with information about specific securities. You may also be involved in providing marketing ideas and help initiate transactions. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to gain wider exposure to other sales teams.
- Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
- Implement selling as a continuum -- independently and effectively complete a transaction from start to finish (make the call; send the research; sell and close the deal; book the trade)
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades.
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understanding of their needs, clearly articulating desk ideas, and being responsive.
- Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
- Assist with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed.
- Conduct economic market research.
- Prepare presentation materials and participating in deal pitches.
- Performing financial valuation and analysis for product modelling.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience working within an investment bank
- Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of own product (e.g., pricing, models, etc).
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things.
- Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
- English fluency would be an advantage
- Japan Fluency is essential
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.