Global Research Technology - Application Development Lead
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset management services. As the Asset Management line of business in JPMorgan Chase & Co., we serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutional and retail clients through Investment Management, ultra high net worth clients through the Private Bank, and high net worth clients through Private Wealth Management. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. With clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns, more than 650 investment professionals provides over 200 different strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity and take leadership positions in America, U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan.
GRT (Global Research Technology) is seeking a well rounded hands-on technologist that is experienced in building applications that support the Investment Management investment cycle with the main focus on portfolio management and research functions. The candidate will be part of the development team that works closely with the Front Office users and Technology vendors and develops end-to-end solutions to assist portfolio managers on their day-to-day portfolio construction and risk management needs, help traders to improve trade executions and work with researchers to back-test and run their alpha strategies.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Should able to lead/influence team of high performance developers and influence global decision from India. Should be strong individual contributor
- Working closely with portfolio managers to develop portfolio construction/ optimization application.
- Working closely with researchers to implement alpha model, risk models.
- Designing and implementing the next generation of portfolio construction and portfolio analytics visualization tools.
- 8+ yr+ experience and recognized on Java/J2EE and related tools/frameworks (e.g Spring, MyBatis etc.)
- Solid experience with SQL server (or other RDBMS), data modeling, and performance tuning.
- Strong architecture experience, familiar with backend service oriented architecture, micro services and cloud.
- Python/ Matlab experience is strong positive.
- Big data stack – Hadoop/Spark and knowledge of Machine Learning is plus
Business Knowledge and others:
- Experience of working in financial services, in a front-office environment.
- Very pro-active, delivery focus, strong experience on Agile programming.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Deep understanding of cross assess classes markets and institutional investment process.
- Experience with market data feed/tools such as Reuters, Bloomberg, MarketQA, Factset.
- Statistical background is a plus.
- Portfolio Management background is a plus.
- CFA, MBA, and/or Financial Engineering degree is a major plus.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.