The role in the Fixed Income Credit Research Department at JP Morgan Asset Management is to support Senior Research Analysts in order to leverage and enhance their ability to generate positive investment performance. Analysts will be expected to work on a wide range of credit research projects, with tasks including, but not limited to, credit analysis, working on models, writing franchise pieces, information gathering as well as financial statement analysis. They will assist the analysts in the preparation of corporation review materials from a credit perspective, industry presentations as well as valuation metrics. To be successful, Analysts will need to demonstrate their ability to add value to the investment process.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Gathering and analyzing data from a variety of sources, including company reports, the internet, online databases such as Bloomberg, Fact Set, other databases, as well as JPMorgan proprietary content
2. Building and maintaining credit models for companies without errors in a timely manner; analysis of company numbers, generating regular and adhoc reports, graphs and datasets from these models
3. Able to analyze key liquidity, solvency and other debt ratios from Financial Statements of companies that would help build various credit metrics in order for the Research Team to get an accurate credit scenario for select companies. The JA should be able to construct a financial or credit model independently and be able to explain and defend key trends and assumptions.
4. Writing content (text, tables and charts) for company and industry reports and preparing presentations to be used internally. Be able to write up summary of presentation and distribute to the team.
5. Maintaining regular contact with colleagues in the global sectors, taking part in conference calls and responding to project requests
6. Assume end-to-end responsibility for projects and presentations
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.