J.P. Morgan Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Securities brings together the strengths of the global J.P. Morgan family as well as best-in-class external resources to help meet the financial goals of our Clients. Our small size and broad scope allow us to customize solutions tailored to Clients’ specific needs.
A Project Manager within the JPMS team will support the Retail Brokerage and Managed teams by leading projects and tool support for various initiatives. The candidate may lead multiple projects or initiatives across various subjects requiring coordination with various teams. Projects will require participates from and have impact to functions across multiple lines of businesses. project work typically has a significant impact on the JPMS LOB and is geared towards revenue enhancements, cost reduction, risk mitigation, process improvement or other priorities as defined by management. Ad hoc request in addition to scheduled activities are likely (ie. reporting, UAT testing, training etc).
• Planning and executing medium scale projects independently.
•Participate in various projects to support the business needs including the analysis , recommendation and implementation of solutions.
•Provide support for system access administration and business continuity testing
•Well rounded understanding of the complex regulatory environment surrounding the Investments business
•Ability to develop agendas and presentation decks for status meetings and on an ad-hoc basis.
•Ability to create and develop project plans, coordinate status calls, delivery periodic project status reports including tracking all tasks to completion.
•Understanding to the account opening and maintenance processing
• Assist in the development of training materials and be able to deliver training to various teams
• Coordinate with various areas of Operations, Middle Office, Finance, IT and Senior Management on business requirements, procedures and processes
• Assist with monthly management reporting
•Assist with front office communications and trainings
• Bachelor’s degree
•3 or more years of operations experience in the financial services industry
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Process driven, and at ease with technology and client account / security reference data
• Experience in workflow analysis and documentation
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented
• Ability to work in a high paced environment with tight deadlines
• Must have a control-oriented mindset
• Must be a team player
• Operational and/or Client service experience
• Experience in Asset/Wealth Management
• Understanding of Chase Wealth Management, Private banking operations and /or JPMS operations
• Microsoft Suite of applications proficiency
• Knowledge of securities industry and applicable regulatory requirements