Category Manager — IT Project Services
Req #: 180023493
Job Category: Admin & Facilities Services
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
JPMorgan Chase seeks to do business with suppliers who provide the best price, quality and capability to meet our business needs. Global Supplier Services (GSS) brings together Sourcing, Third Party Oversight, Procurement Operations, and Accounts Payable into one team. This group of more than 700 employees (in 11 countries) manages the source to pay processes for JPMorgan Chase and provides a governance model which includes strong risk management practices, enhanced performance monitoring, greater scale and strong client engagement.
The GSS team works proactively with Line of Business (LOB) colleagues to identify capable suppliers, lead the competitive sourcing process and negotiate contracts with selected suppliers. Leveraging firm-wide buying power and controlling risk are consistent overarching goals. GSS then ensures that the contracted goods and services can be obtained by our employees in an efficient, cost-effective manner globally.
This Global Category Manager role will report to a Category Director and is responsible for leading the development of long term category sourcing strategy plans, along with the sourcing, contracting and execution for third party supplier spend across JPMC Lines of Business 'LOB' for select Consumer Business Application Technology & Software categories. This position requires an experienced sourcing manager who will be able to develop relationships within the lines of business and coordinate with sourcing leads in Asia PAC and Europe where required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of multi-year category and supplier spend management strategies within assigned categories
- Conduct in-depth cost and spend analysis to develop target savings & cost reduction initiatives
- Complete the following activities for material sourcing events:
- Work with LOB clients and stakeholders to define requirements
- Identify qualified candidate suppliers
- Design and execute the competitive process
- Complete supplier due diligence
- Evaluate competitive offerings from suppliers and develop and present sourcing options that meet JPMC's business requirements
- Conduct commercial term negotiations
- Lead the contract development process
- Partner and collaborate with:
- Regional Sourcing colleagues
- Local, regional and global internal stakeholders.
- In-house Legal, Risk and Finance teams
- Maintain compliance with all policy and procedural guidelines
- Identify new service opportunities that address or anticipate client needs
- Build effective and trusted relationships with clients, internal stakeholders and GSS peers
- Manage and maintain key supplier relationships
- Proactive engagement with clients to identify and develop value added opportunities and comprehensive sourcing strategies
- Achieve targets for cost reduction / savings, supplier optimization, risk mitigation, order & payment compliance, and preferred supplier identification
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years experience in managing commodity or spend category spend
- Interpersonal: ability to lead and influence execute level stakeholders
- Thought Leadership: determination to drive breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement; sets a personal example
- Market Research: ability to conduct market/industry/supplier analysis and synthesize data into a consumable format
- Commercial skill/strategic negotiation ability
- Change Management: experience and proven ability to drive change with management direction but without having to be prescribed to
- Project Management: ability to develop, plan and execute projects and create remediation plans and actions with timely updates to management
- Communication Skills: ability to communicate effectively with internal sourcing and client stakeholders
- Cost Modeling: ability to understand value streams, cost drivers and how to break down cost structures
- Business Strategy Alignment: ability to understand business strategy and build plans to support it
- Risk Management: knowledge of business risk factors and business savvy to minimize risk appropriately and communicate acceptance of risk factors when required.
- Technology Acumen: advanced proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (especially advanced Excel) as well as Ariba analysis
- Sourcing Methodology: strong knowledge of the key aspects of the RFI/RFP/RFQ and five step sourcing process
- Legal Acumen: strong understanding and proven experience in executing and amending complex legal Master Agreements and Service levels