J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
Global Clearing Operations supports Clearing, Reconciliations, Middle Office, F&O House Ops, Expiries & Deliveries, Settlement, Brokerage, Client On-boarding, Client Money, Regulatory Reporting, Static Data Management and Position Management.
- JPM is the 2nd largest Futures Commission Merchant based on Client Assets
- Processes ~750,000 cleared and intermediated trades daily
- Provides clearing at 62 global Clearing Houses
- Settled USD equivalent 24.3Bn in physical deliveries Q1 2016
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
London. We’ve been in London since the 1930s. It’s our headquarters for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. We offer an unparalleled client base and leadership across the spectrum of financial services products. We’re honored to be a premier financial institution in the U.K. But we’re just as proud of our ties to the community. The teams across our multiple offices support the Social Mobility Foundation, which helps disadvantaged youth get into top universities and organizations.
F&O Middle Office require motivated individuals to perform key control functions and liaise with our clients regarding all of their Operational requirements. Partnering with our execution desks, clearing teams and other internal support areas, the primary responsibilities are relationship management, query management and full adherence to regulatory commitments. This is a dynamic and challenging environment working to give excellent Client Service.
Between the teams the EMEA Client Service desk works shifts between 7.00 and 19:00 GMT.
The individual will be constantly looking at ways to improve the offering and challenge any existing processes and will frequently need to think on their feet as new challenges will arise from the client base. They will need to be organised and have the ability to multitask in a high-pressure environment.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Client liaison – Single point of contact for all trade breaks, commission breaks, reporting queries and adhoc queries, liasing with various internal teams to resolve these issues whilst maintaining the highest level of client service.
- Timely and accurate product expiry management
- Opportunity for travel to visit clients for service review meetings, adhoc meetings, client training
- Initiating and participating in process improvement initiatives.
- Project work including managing stakeholders and driving change
- F&O experience is desirable, although not essential
- An understanding of the F&O product flow and the trade lifecycle participants (e.g. brokers, clearers, exchanges, advisors etc..)
- F&O product knowledge – trade lifecycle events (e.g. expiries, deliveries), high level understanding of margining
- Experience of performance in a customer service role, either supervising or individually
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate across multiple aspects of the organization at various levels with the ability to work under pressure. This should include strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure
- Take ownership and display the ability to follow through with departmental objectives whilst taking into account risks involved in daily processing. Ability to identify process inefficiencies to improve capacity, efficiency and control
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.