Wealth Management – Market Investment Team Lead, Chicago
Req #: 180021849
Job Category: Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Private Bank
Market Investment Team Leader
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. With assets under supervision of $1.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.2 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The J.P. Morgan Private Bank, which includes both the Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) and High Net Worth (HNW) businesses, offers individuals and families personalized, comprehensive financial solutions that integrate sophisticated investment management, capital markets, trust and banking capabilities. We have more than 1,800 client advisors in 120 offices in 11 countries and 25 states.
The Market Investment Team Lead (MITL) will lead the Investor team within the market, in addition to their responsibilities as a Senior Investor. The MITL will work closely with the Regional Investment Team Leader, and Market Manager, in driving the overall priorities of the Investor team and support coordination of sales effort with Capital Advisors, Fiduciary Administrators, and Wealth Advisors.
Sales, Risk & Business Management
- Hold weekly Investor team meeting to communicate information, priorities, identify target client opportunities appropriate for sales and investment priorities, etc.
- Build and maintain a strong brokerage capability amongst the team. Lead the team to engage in pro-active, opportunistic dialogue with all suitable clients and prospects. Train and coach the team on how to make effective opportunistic presentations.
- Execute and measure a sales and risk management process, to achieve numerous business goals.
- Actively engage with Investors in preparing for client and prospect meetings, as well as post call debriefs
- Ensure Investors effectively leverage the intellectual capital of the firm through marketing materials, events publications and portfolio reviews.
- Ensure clients are on appropriate fee schedules and address client issues and complaints.
- Build and maintain a strong Risk Management and Suitability culture, across all elements of the business.
Markets & Solutions
- Keep up to date with markets, investments and new solutions.
- Provide frequent feedback and client needs to internal partners.
- Create, schedule and lead internal training sessions about investments and new products.
- Implement standards around client experience relating to investments throughout entire sales and relationship continuum (initial meeting/pitch, portfolio management, ongoing advice, client review).
- Assist Investors in differentiating our investment value proposition versus the competition.
- Ensure Investors are actively engaged / participating in the daily Morning Meetings, weekly team meetings, and weekly 4:45 workshops.
Partnership with Market Manager
- Execute upon market strategy to achieve business results.
- Foster team spirit and set pace for the office.
- Sales Management (NNC, Flows, AUM, Priorities, etc.)
- Investor loadings and team structure
- Recruitment and talent development across all levels (analyst all the way up to MD)
- Assessment of competitive landscape and strategy to prosecute opportunities within the market.
- Leverage investment team support available from the organization around technology, human resources, marketing, finance and operations
- Ability to excel in a team based environment.
- Sales experience including: profiling, overcoming objections, negotiation, team selling approach, closing the sale and asking for referrals.
- Meaningful experience and/or knowledge of hedge funds, private equity and alternative investments.
- Able to execute trades smoothly and seamlessly in regard to executing and managing brokerage activity.
- Conduct operations within FINRA and other regulatory agency guidelines and requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of wealth management including, but not limited to: credit, deposits, trust and financial planning.
- Seven plus years experience in Private Banking or Financial Services industry.
- Ideal candidate has prior experience providing complex investment solutions to Ultra and High Net Worth families and/or individuals.
- Licenses 7, 66 required for position.
- Bachelors degree required; MBA or CFA preferred.
JP Morgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JP Morgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.