JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
CCB Risk Execution is seeking a proven leader who can drive complex initiatives and releases on behalf of Risk Management’s strategic roadmap. This candidate will be in a leadership role responsible for building and leveraging partnerships across business and technology stakeholders to deliver innovative solutions with a high level of quality and will drive programs from initial high level concept throughout the project life cycle with emphasis on phases such as planning, business analysis, requirements definition, design, build and implementation. This role will have people management responsibilities with the candidate having extensive experience in capacity forecasting, hiring practices, budget/staffing, coaching and mentoring, along with performance and career development.
The successful candidate is a business leader who will build and leverage partnerships across Risk, sub-LOB teams and in order to ensure effective oversight and to drive ongoing improvements and metrics from a productivity, efficiency and quality perspective. This individual must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of leadership stakeholders and in a variety of forums and demonstrate complex problem solving and communication skills in order to translate solutions from the ambiguity associated with working in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Manages and evaluates performance, ensures goals and development plans are created and tracked, delivers performance reviews that are meaningful and provide constructive feedback, coaches and mentors employees
- Builds teams that succeed by continually assessing deliverables and aligning team members accordingly
- Provide effective team leadership through quality written and verbal communication, clear goals and objectives setting, team engagement and talent planning
- Accountable for the execution of Information Owner responsibilities as it related to Risk Decision Engines including, but not limited to: Access, Capacity & Demand Management, Data, Issue Management, Security and Resiliency.
- Build and present strong senior level presentation materials and ‘tell the story’ to drive action
- Demonstrate superior judgment to mitigate risk. Foster an environment where risk/controls are anticipated and proactively addressed.
- Defines, drives and communicates the strategic direction of the business/function; applies a global perspective in establishing direction for team
- Aligns group’s priorities to the broader business/function strategy and cascades clear and compelling messages to guide and motivate others
- Achieves individual and business/function objectives, including metrics, in accordance with internal/ external expectations and benchmarks
- Faces facts, acts on issues quickly, removes roadblocks, eliminates unnecessary bureaucracy and learns from mistakes
- Leverages experience and market knowledge to drive value-added dialogue; viewed as a trusted advisor and/or standout among competitors
- Balances client/customer needs and best interests with those of the firm, while driving a strong control framework
- Leverages business knowledge and technical expertise to challenge assumptions and operating models
- Provides thought leadership/advice and engages in constructive debate
- Communicates clear and compelling messages and priorities to guide and motivate others; cascades communications to team
- Promotes an inclusive work environment; respects individuals at every level and their perspectives, and engages in diversity initiatives, as appropriate