Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries We serve more than 50 million consumers and small businesses through more than 5,600 bank branches, 18,700 ATMs, credit cards, mortgage offices and online and mobile banking as well as through relationships with auto dealerships.
Within Chase, Consumer Banking provides great products and an outstanding customer experience at over 5,600 branches and 18,700 ATMs in 23 states, as well as online and over the phone.
As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
Enterprise Systems provides technology support for applications across all lines of business (Auto/Education, Business Banking, Card Services, Centralized Transactions Operations, Commercial Banking, Consumer Bank, Consumer Internet Group, Credit Risk, Finance, Home Lending, Investment Bank, Treasury & Securities Services, Wealth Management).
The Enterprise Systems Data Distribution (ESDD) team provides integration services between the consumers of Enterprise Systems Service and the service providers within JPMorgan Chase. The organization is committed to developing cutting edge technology with high quality, innovative developers; within that vision shared technology team also supports a complex event processor shared service for analyzing system activity and producing actions resulting from that activity (e.g. customer notifications).
As a Java Developer you will be a key member of the team within the Enterprise Systems Data Distribution team. The candidate must be self-motivated with a strong background in technology and a proven ability to translate business needs into data rich, enabled applications and tools. Technical and intellectual curiosity is required, along with the ability to pick up concepts and techniques quickly in order to execute projects and solutions. You will be part of an Agile team and be required to work on all aspects for application development besides just coding. You will build relationships over time with representatives from the business, management, and other technical areas that will be rewarding and lead to even more innovative solutions benefitting Chase’s customers in the future.
· Participate in end-to-end development lifecycle activities of the application, including design, coding, testing and deployment activities.
· Develop SOAP/REST based web services for high-volume and high availability consumer and business banking applications.
· Utilize programming skills to adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques, while contributing to the technical code base including any required documentation both inside code and in external design specifications.
· Participate in code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications, identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues, and review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation.
· Produce comprehensive tests for all developed code. Support and participate in system and integrated testing across sub-systems as the need arises.
· Deliver project milestones on time and within budget.
· Coordinate and collaborate with technical partners for joint application development efforts.
· Research and evaluate alternate solutions and provide recommendations for enhancing the application. Provide technical support for the application, including meeting service level and performance requirements; and diagnosing and evaluating inefficient processes/code.
· As part of the development effort, work with other development teams, testing, operations and architecture groups when changes in technology have cross-impacts across applications; work in concert with the other groups to discuss and address any cross-impacts to the applications.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (any), or related field.
· 5-7 years of Java/J2EE application development experience.
· Knowledge and experience in Agile Methodology.
· Experience performing server-side Java programming in a WebSphere/Tomcat environment is required.
· Experience building SOAP/REST web services using Java is required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of OOP and SOA principles, and design patterns is required.
· Experience working with Spring IOC is required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of J2EE server technologies including XML, JMS, and JAX-WS is required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of Java concurrency and concurrency patterns is required.
· Experience building thread-safe code is required.
· SQL development experience is required.
· Experience working with ORM tools such as Hibernate is required.
· Experience working with TDD, code testability standards, and JUnit/Mockito is required.
· Experience working on High-Volume, High-Availability Transactional applications is required.
· Experience working, configuring, and deploying applications to cloud based platforms.
· Hands on with development and test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. BDD and Cucumber)
· Experience with application monitoring tools such as Splunk, Wily, or Dynatrace
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.