CCBSI Associate – Bangalore
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset & Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
J.P. Morgan is seeking talented candidates for a position as an Associate in our Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries (CCBSI) group, based in India. The Business Management Team functions as an internal business & metrics reporting group responsible for delivering highly quantitative and qualitative reports that support senior management agendas. The Associate would be responsible for execution & service delivery from India, develop a higher quality connect with the stakeholders, increasing the depth of work and team development.
As an associate you will be responsible for driving and delivering on the specific tasks, reporting and analytical requirements of the Management Team. Your primary responsibilities as an associate will be clearly defining business problems, acquiring and manipulating data to answer key questions. Key responsibilities also include ability to project manage, provide guidance to the offshore team and manage onsite stakeholders.
- Part of the India Finance and Business Management organization of the Commercial Bank GSC
- Manager for CCBSI Reporting & Analysis practice.
- Lead the offshore team and manage onsite stakeholders
- Responsible for execution & service delivery from India (improving quality control, increasing efficiency and enhancing the overall capability’s sophistication)
- Develop a higher quality connect with the International teams (better/ reliable dialogue + building trust with international stakeholders, develop more proactive method)
- Increasing the depth of work (higher quality analysis, questioning/ challenging/ exploring data)
- Responsible for team development (employee engagement, attrition, hiring, career path)
- Project manage and lead the team on production and build team capability in new areas - advanced analytical across areas that are Descriptive, Diagnostic, Predictive and Prescriptive
- Cumulative experience ranging between 7-10 years in Sales & Business Reporting and Analytics, with prior Project and People management experience
- Experience running relevant analytics, providing commentary, developing and articulating insights that are addressed to senior stakeholders is essential
- Responsible for capacity management and planning, quality control, issue resolution, stakeholder management, project management and managing/ motivating employees
- Ability to provide actionable solutions and translate design thinking into “getting things done”
- Ability to be intuitive and understand senior stakeholder motivations – experience of doing business and influencing senior stakeholders (VP/ Director and above) is important
- Prior experience building and scaling a team of 5-15 people
- Team structuring ability, willing to look ahead 1-2 years and plan backwards and implement - Employee engagement & motivation, Team building, Defining career path a critical characteristic
- Defining capability and target state model, upsell offering and strategizing to influence and convince stakeholders with business case
- Analytical bent of mind is critical and ability to analyze multiple dimensions of an issue
- Proactive approach to identifying and solving problems
- Key technical competencies – Advanced Excel, SQL, Qlikview / Tableau, CRM Applications, exposure to R/SAS, exposure to Big Data Frameworks – Hadoop, Hive (desirable)