AM Technology User Experience Designer
The UX Designer is responsible for designing the user experience for a suite of internal web, desktop, and mobile applications for the Asset Management business. This role is responsible for design deliverables to support requirements building, technical implementation, and user research. UX Designers will contribute to the definition and validation of UX standards and best practices across the platform to accelerate user adoption while reducing implementation, training, and support costs. This position requires strong cross-discipline collaboration with business and technology, the ability to communicate the value of UX and evangelize its adoption, while consistently representing the needs of end-users.
• Rapid prototyping and wireframing to illustrate users' needs and to help refine business requirements.
• High quality design artifacts to depict finished products.
• Work side-by-side with UI developers to ensure feasibility, scope, and implementation of designs.
• Conduct user research to determine the prioritization and desirability of requirements.
• Define and evangelize the use of a common interaction pattern library.
• Promote UX process best practices.
• Putting our internal users at the center of the design process.
• Establish strategic relationships.
• Participate in project scoping and planning.
Expert in UI technology principles such as progressive enhancement, and responsive design.
• Strong familiarity with UI development techniques and frameworks; ability to develop in these frameworks a plus.
• Ability to inspect, debug, and modify HTML and CSS.
• Significant experience working in an agile, iterative development process; ability to lead projects through this process a plus.
• Strong knowledge of tools and technologies that aid the UX design and usability process.
• Strong sense of data visualization as a way to quickly convey key sales metrics.
• Ability to deal with competing priorities, motivated by a positive 'can do' attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to meet and enforce deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate at executive levels.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders.
• Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication.
• Able to work with teams across multiple business lines and geographies.
• 5+ years of delivering UX with a track record of delivering results.
• Financial services background preferred but not necessary.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.