J.P. Morgan is a top tier liquidity provider in Global FX markets offering competitive pricing across 300 currency pairs in cash and derivative products. We offer a full spectrum of currency services - from plain vanilla spot and to exotic derivatives and options from major currencies to emerging markets. Trading operations teams are located in all major FX centers to support our clients' needs. Using JPMorgan's global scope, liquidity, credit quality, market intelligence and research, our clients benefit from the global capabilities to manage their unique risk profile and investment objectives.
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of FX and Ecommerce Trade Support Specialist within its Global FX Middle Office Operations team. The Global FX trade support team provides operational support and controls for the FX Spot, Forwards and E-Commerce trading businesses. The scope of products supported includes FX spot, forwards, swaps, NDF and FX futures.
The primary responsibility of our trade support and operations team is to maintain a first-class operational infrastructure for the FX trading, Ecommerce and sales desks to mitigate operations and financial risk to the Global FX business by providing a high quality control environment. Our operating model must remain flexible enough to adapt to innovation and new technology/regulatory requirements for the business, yet scalable enough to sustain a rigorous controls environment. As a Trade Support Specialist, the responsibility includes performing end-to-end controls along the trade lifecycle from trade execution and capture including analysis and verification of trade positions and valuations as well as timely and accurate monitoring of daily processes. The role will also include reconciling positions and trade details between various risk management systems and upstream execution platforms as well as investigating and resolving trade or system issues. Additional tasks include trade booking/verification, P&L explanations, stress testing, MIS reporting, query management/resolution and various ad hoc project related tasks such as new regulatory and compliance mandates. The environment is fast paced and has a very high trade turnover so adaptability and the ability to multi-task are critical. As this is a middle office role, you will be communicating with a wide variety of areas critical to supporting the business including Trading, Sales, Business Management, and Finance, Operations, Technology and Market/Credit risk teams.
Education & Experience
- BA or BS degree required (Finance or Business degree a plus)
- Basic understanding of FX products and derivatives
- Proficiency with the trading environment, risk management systems, performing critical operations controls
- Control oriented with a focus on efficiency and process improvement
- Effective and confident communicator to deal with a diverse range of staff and to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Quick learner with a strong sense to question and understand all details behind the processes and numbers
- Independent/analytical thinker who can quickly assimilate situations through to the associated risks, business or control issues
- Knowledge of Athena a plus
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong analytical and quantitative aptitude, very detail oriented
- Highly organized and self-motivated, enthusiastic attitude
- Works well under pressure leveraging their initiative to fully develop their role
- Operations and control mindset, strong ability to prioritize and deliver quality work using time management skills
- Understands the large financial risks that can be incurred through operational errors and control risks
- Strong PC Skills required: in particular MS Excel (VBA a plus), MS PowerPoint and SharePoint
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V