As an experienced Capacity Analyst, you'll be contributing to decisions of a global, strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. You will be member of a team that is responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they’ll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you’ll also gain access the best minds in the business—both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
•Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (Agile, program managements, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
•Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies
•Proficient in multiple infrastructure technologies
•Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
•Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
- Function as a capacity management expert
- Defines capacity standards, process, tools and govern capacity planning strategies
- Engage with other Capacity analysts and Application Owners, at varying skill levels, to help understand future capacity needs and identify optimization opportunities
- Closely partner with internal technology and Risk & Audit teams for capacity planning functions
- Develop and extend vision for improving the maturity of capacity management process
- Continue to drive adoption with our LOBs to improve utilization of Infrastructure resources
- Evaluate new cloud offerings and implement instance migration strategies across services
- Contribute to the automation of analytics and reporting via programming/scripting in Java, Python and/or R.
- Deep familiarity with capacity management for large, heterogeneous workloads
- Strong capacity management planning, analyzing, trending and forecasting skills.
- Proficient in ITIL capacity management fundamentals
- Ability to manage large, critical cross-organization programs and Partner with multiple stakeholders to meet SLA's/SLO's
- Deep understanding of system hardware, network and application characteristics
- Experience with large-scale, multi-tier, complex applications
- Detailed understanding of software and architectural performance factors
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a customer-focused attitude
- At least 3 years programming with any of the following languages: Python, R, Java
- Experience creating and delivering structured training and presentation materials
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Experience managing performance test activities from strategy, design, planning and execution using various monitoring/analysis/test tools (i.e. AppDynamics, Wily Introscope, DynaTrace, etc.); reporting results and presenting recommendations.