At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our customers, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Using the latest banking solutions combined with cutting edge banking technology you’ll be front and center representing our brand, and problem solving to offer our customers the best solutions for their financial needs. If you are passionate about people, helping to improve the lives of our customers through financial solutions, education and advice, then join us at JP Morgan Chase.
In partnership with senior business leaders, support Chase Wealth Management Executive team in executing the strategy on Advisor experience end-to-end, including: recruiting, training, retention, and development. Provide project support for the new CCB and Chase Wealth Management operating models, including Advisor recruiting and development initiatives. Prepare monthly and adhoc presentations, so management can present CWM program progress to CEOs and Head of CWM.
Lead projects in support of new CCB/Chase Wealth Management operating model
Conduct analyses to support design and decision making in new operating model design
Help collect, distill and respond to direct feedback in order to foster Advisor growth and retention
Liaise with Market Directors assigned as direct managers throughout Advisor rotation: check in on delivery against program’s performance objectives, cascade learning opportunities on coaching, direction, performance feedback and ensure program deliverables remain on track.
Facilitate meetings with CWM Executives, Product, Operations, Technology, Advisor Field Support, Divisional Investment Managers, MDWs, and functional partners, owning review materials and program decks for those meetings.
Support the Advisor Development Program lifecycle from a project management perspective, end to end:
- Partner with HR & Training on program design and execution, including all experiential learnings & workshops
- Partner closely with the business, HR and Learning Specialists to facilitate development of program curriculum, including working with senior managers across the LOBs to ensure content meets the needs of CWM’s business strategy as well as Advisor career development
- Partner with Recruiting on participant selection
- Help oversee and report on the program’s progression
- Help facilitate Advisor participant placement in partnership with field management
- Help monitor and report on trainees’ performance and provide regular reports to program stakeholders
Own the preparation and logistics of CWM Executive team meetings, document progress plans and help determine the future action plans.
- Prior experience in financial services preferred, particularly in the investments business
- Demonstrated experience and impact in a project or business management capacity
- Ability to interact and build strong relationships with all levels of employees on a national basis
- Exceptional skillset in creating executive presentations. Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong judgment, execution and decision making skills
- Ability to analyse complex problems and find solutions
- Entrepreneurial and results oriented; enthusiastic and motivated
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong team player and able to work on a flexible and fluid team