The Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries Group is seeking a Credit Risk Director to cover the Entertainment Group, with a primary focus on working with clients in the media, film, television and music industries. The Entertainment Group client base relies heavily on highly-structured syndicated loans, and utilizes other investment-banking products and traditional banking services.
The position serves as the primary credit risk manager for a portfolio of Entertainment Group clients and transactions. The candidate will work in partnership with banking, syndications, and other product partners to analyze, structure, risk rate, document, and approve credit exposures resulting from loans and other commercial banking products. The position serves as a key driver of deal documentation and execution and is also responsible for the on-going monitoring and risk management of the assigned portfolio. The candidate will be required to develop a broad and deep understanding of the business, financial and competitive risks faced by customers in her/his assigned portfolio. Candidates must be experienced, independent, and qualified credit risk management professionals with the ability to manage a number of dynamic credit situations, as well as act as a leader to efficiently utilize team resources and provide accurate, and timely results.
This position is located in Los Angeles, CA.
· The Credit Risk Director is responsible for identifying the key risk factors related to a transaction.
· Develop a well-informed and balanced view of the business, financial, legal and competitive risks faced by a company, sector, and industry.
· Lead or participate in customer due diligence calls as necessary.
· Attend client/bank meetings to develop a better understanding of the company and assess management.
· Formulate financial models that incorporate the impact of his/her forward-looking risk assessment on key value drivers, including performance sensitivities.
· Develop and recommend appropriate credit structures relative to the risk assessment.
Manage Credit Approval Process
· The Credit Risk Director is responsible for ensuring all credit exposures are approved at the appropriate level.
· Prepare credit approval write-ups, present and recommend credit actions; confidently exercise authority while clearly articulating the reasoning behind credit decisions.
· Analyze and negotiate covenants and other key terms with the customer as part of the deal team.
· Review legal documentation to ensure terms are appropriate and consistent with credit approval.
On-going Portfolio Management
· The Credit Risk Director is responsible for the on-going risk assessment of the assigned portfolio.
· Ensure risk ratings are accurate and reflect current forward-looking view of the customer.
· Early identification and proactive management of deteriorating credits.
· Communicating material changes in credit performance and outlook.
· Analyze, prepare and present for approval all required waivers, amendments and extensions.
· Prepare and present annual portfolio review material to senior management.
· Work with bank examiners and internal credit reviewers to validate credit quality and integrity of the credit process.
· Work closely with Credit Support Senior Specialists to ensure accuracy of credit system data.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.