JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase& Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Technology Business Management (TBM) Lead is an experienced professional providing strategic direction, implementation and support of the firm’s Global Technology Cost Transparency initiatives, in order to enable a transformation journey around the optimization of running and changing the business with technology. This role will devise, implement, and operationalize the firm’s Technology Business Management strategy in order to provide the necessary information for executive management to make the right decisions about the use and provisioning of technology, people, and processes, including the technology expenditures of the firm.
• Serve as the primary point person and strategic leader of the Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency initiatives for the Global Technology Finance and Business Management organization
• Lead and manage aspects of the project management lifecycle, including governance, project plans, stakeholders, communication and change management plans, requirements, design, testing, issues and risks identification and resolution, project resourcing, budget, implementation, and reporting, for the Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency program
• Drives portfolio management framework, including but not limited to governance and oversight, meeting management, strategic decision making, considering interdependencies, prioritizing projects, process mapping, budgeting, business case development, and resource allocation
• Sets compelling vision and strategic direction for the Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency program
• Develop strategies, goals and roadmap for the Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency program
• Establish the underlying processes, which build and provide data for financial cost transparency for Technology products, services and allocations within Apptio
• Facilitates communication and timelines, translates what each group is saying, and encourages everyone to gather what they need to accomplish work and build sponsorship and support for the Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency program
• Drives sustainability of programs by directing success metrics, post-implementation efforts and facilitating transitions to business as usual (BAU)
• Drives the implementation of best practices and process enhancements to be incorporated into business as usual (BAU) project procedures over time
• Provides reporting on Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency program and project portfolio health and addresses any concerns with sponsors and impacted parties
• Delivers and utilizes clear and well-defined governance structures across impacted functions, fostering engagement with sponsors and senior stakeholders (including both relevant LOB and Corporate teams)
• Considers, identifies, manages and mitigates the Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency program risks and looks to continually improve risk management processes
• Establishes and manages governance around key review meetings, including materials and key agenda items for discussion
• Drives standardization across Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency processes and reporting
• Suggests and implements controls to improve efficiency and accuracy of existing processes
• Builds and rolls out new training efforts to address knowledge gaps in the systems and standards around Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency to ensure efficiency and continuous improvement
• Ensures proper prioritization and implementation of Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency program key deliverables
• Tracks all key action items and deliverables associated with finance, governance, metrics, and business management agenda, documenting work and processes
• Continually identifies process improvements and efficiencies; eliminates unnecessary bureaucracy
• Challenges the status quo and drives change
• Leverages business knowledge and technical expertise to challenge assumptions and operating models
• Collaborates with Technology, Finance and Business Management professionals at all levels within the organization and brings appropriate people and resources together across functions
• Promotes partnership by fostering a shared purpose, trust, and teamwork across teams, businesses, functions, regions, and levels
• Acts with authority and influences others to take appropriate action; drives decisions and manages through conflict and change
• Encourages collaboration, information sharing, and discussion to break down silos, create synergies and share best practices
• Builds and promotes a client, customer and service-centered organization
• Proactively addresses the needs of clients, customers and the community
• Leverages experience and market knowledge to drive value-added dialogue; viewed as a trusted advisor and standout among competitors
• Coordinates and executes initiatives and processes in support of business plans
• 10+ years financial services industry experience
• Finance, Accounting or Business four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent
• Demonstrated and proven track record of delivery on a Technology Business Management and Cost Transparency program implementation required
• Experience with the Technology Business Management tool, Apptio, required
• Strong technology and financial management background with a broad foundational understanding of finance and in-depth content knowledge of Technology Business Management, cost transparency, budgetary planning and cost reporting
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent business writing and verbal communication skills
• Strong leadership, project management and change management skills
• Demonstrated ability to provide strategic direction and manage business and technology transformations
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.