The opportunity is to join our New York team as an analyst, associate, or VP, with a focus on applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence in fixed income markets. The role requires an individual with excellent technical and programming skills, preferably with an advanced degree in computer science or another quantitative field (e.g., physics, mathematics, engineering).
J.P. Morgan has the leading Global Rates and Global Spread business in terms of volume traded, issuers traded and quality of investor relationships. The Rates business covers Treasuries, swaps, options and other derivatives, while Spreads covers Credit, SPG, and Public Finance Markets. J.P. Morgan Global Spread and Trading offers first-class, highly integrated financial services to a global client base and provides financial assets and liquidity for banks, insurance companies, finance companies, mutual funds and hedge funds. Traders, salespeople and research analysts work collectively to generate ideas. The Credit business make secondary markets in high grade bonds/CDS, high yield bonds/CDS, distressed bonds, indices, options, correlation products, and more exotic structures. The Securitized Products Group (“SPG”) engages in origination, syndicate, sales & trading, financing, and principal investments activities. Asset classes include: mortgage-backed securities (commercial, residential, agency and non-agency), mortgage loans, consumer asset-backed securities and receivables (auto, credit card, student, equipment loans).
The Fixed Income Strategy Team seeks to deliver best in class client-facing research across rates, structured products, municipals and short-term fixed income. We support risk takers and other groups across the CIB, CIO, AWM and CCB as well as a wide range of external clients including the world’s leading hedge funds, asset managers, insurance companies, pensions, central banks, and others. We also work closely with partners in technology to incorporate the latest computational and data analysis techniques.
Key responsibilities could include:
· Responsible for applying machine learning/artificial intelligence and big data techniques to a variety of problems in fixed income markets, including generating trading signals, modeling liquidity conditions, and improving existing empirical techniques.
· To begin areas of focus will be agency, non-agency MBS, and other securitized products.Documenting and communicating results for publication.
The ideal candidate has …
· … experience with and/or a strong interest in financial markets and macroeconomics, including familiarity with interest rate derivative and/or mortgages.
· … multiple years’ experience collaboratively developing programs in both high level (Python/R/SAS) and lower level (C/C++/Java) languages
· … experience with common tabular, statistical and scientific computing packages (e.g. SQL, R, Pandas, NumPy/SciPy) and familiarity with machine learning packages (e.g., Tensorflow, scikit-learn)
· … strong background in probability and statistics, time series analysis, inference and stochastic processes
· … experience working with large scale datasets, familiarity with parallel programming, and map/reduce (e.g. Hadoop), strong debugging skills
· … strong presentation and communication skills, and an ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.