Commercial Bank: Wholesale Lending Services - Program Management Director (Collateral Simplification Leader) - Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. JPM is comprised of four business segments, Consumer & Community Banking, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank and Asset & Wealth Management. Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business.
At JPMorgan Chase, Commercial Banking (“CB”) serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. CB is comprised of Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries, Corporate Client Banking & Specialized Industries, Real Estate Banking, Commercial Term Lending and Community Development Banking.
Business Banking (“BB”), a division of Consumer and Community Banking, provides deposit, credit and cash management services to companies with up to approximately $20 million in annual revenue.
Asset & Wealth Management serves institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and individual clients through its Asset Management and Wealth Management (“WM”) businesses.
The WLS Collateral Simplification Leader is a senior position within the JPMorgan Chase Wholesale Lending Services leadership team. The individual, working in collaboration with cross-functional and cross business stakeholders, will drive a strategic multi-year agenda focused on the standardization and simplification of the collateral end to end process for CB, BB & WM. At the center of this effort will be the continued development of the firms new Collateral Tracking System (CTRAC). The individual will act as the Product Owner for the CTRAC. When complete, CTRAC will be the standard tool used across the wholesale lending business, replacing existing collateral monitoring applications and non-standard processing.
The position requires a visionary, results-focused, influential and process-disciplined leader to deliver against an extensive future-state roadmap. This person will maintain a strategic and innovative mindset to deliver against the future-state vision while collaborating across a diverse set of stakeholders, managing relationships with and presenting regularly to CB, BB & WM senior executives.
- Directly shape and manage the end-to-end WLS Collateral simplification vision and roadmap, ensuring timely, quality, cost-effective delivery of results. Use a framework to communicate program and project level details and timelines with employees within WLS and across lines of business.
- Drive process reengineering effort required to standardize disparate collateral processes
- Partner with CB Technology to design, build and test the remaining functionality not currently in CTRAC to facilitate further consolidation of processes and system repositories across WLS
- Develop roll-out and training plan for new CTRAC functionality
- Facilitate the ingestion of disparate collateral processes and record keeping into single CTRAC tool by the end of 2019
- Think strategically and tactically, to design and implement deliverables, with the flexibility to adjust to new innovations, regulations and priorities
- Implement resource, governance and organization structure to deliver the transformational initiatives as required in order to deliver results in a complex environment
- Exhibit ownership in managing partnerships by working closely with cross-functional stakeholders across the CB, including: Risk Operations, Technology, Legal, Wholesale Credit Risk, and Finance and across other LOB’s as required
- Effectively communicate at an executive level to provide regular updates to senior leadership of the firm, including presentations, executive summaries and summary metrics
- Attract and retain the best diverse talent in the competitive market, develop and mentor team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous expertise and a true passion for process innovation, design, and technology with proven success delivering complex, large scale initiatives
- Must have 10+ years of experience designing and successfully leading large scale operational change management programs; experience within large Financial Services firms preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing and collaborating with multiple teams, coordinating across different cross-functional initiatives, and reaching consensus with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent judgement and independent decision-making ability
- Strong organization, attention to detail, time management, planning skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to multiple levels of management, both written and verbal
- MBA or related Master’s Degree
- Relevant experience in the following areas: technological innovation, project management, strategic management, operational risk and control, technology integration
- Experience in Real Estate, Insurance, Titles and UCC processes