J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate & Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
Global Finance Operations Liquidity Operations will be the E2E data managers and serve as the operational support for the new Liquidity Risk Infrastructure (LRI) and operating model. LRI is a firm-wide, 'mission critical' initiative to enhance the Firms liquidity risk management, monitoring and reporting capabilities. The program involves a redesign of the supporting technology and infrastructure and will result in the implementation of a world class liquidity risk reporting system complying with recently mandated Federal and Basel regulations. The program encompasses strategic data sourcing and enrichment, liquidity risk analytics and metric calculations, scenario stress testing and, monitoring and reporting capabilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Responsibilities will cover monitoring and analyzing the data quality of the LRI data store. Analyst will be responsible for reviewing the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of the feeds with other operational and technology partners and participates in investigating any issues.
· Support the daily /month-end reconciliation/ adjustment process between the data received into GFO and the Corporate General LedgerThe Analyst will need to coordinate with our technology partners in understanding the issue as well as discuss enhancements with downstream consumers and other Operations Teams.
· The position requires ability to analyze large volume of data and perform data analytics.
· Monitor metrics that accurately represent the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of the flow of data from the source platform to the LRI Data Acquisition and Control environment and facilitate the timely understanding, management and resolution of data quality issues and process exceptions.
Escalate issues to line manager in GFO or in other lines of business when progress is not being made or barriers are put forth.
This position requires a sharp focus on the continuous improvements / enhancements and innovations to fix the data quality issues / manual work around.
· This position also requires very good written and spoken communication in order to approach various Risk reporting teams, Operations, technology and Operate teams and to maintain a level of client partnership
- Post Graduate with 4- 5 years of experience preferably in financial services / investments industry
- Experience around liquidity risk reporting a plus.
- Strong team player and desire to face dynamic and challenging environment
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment whereby you are flexible and able to leverage resources of other groups.
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline oriented environment.
- Experience dealing with high-performing teams.
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills, which will require the ability to synthesize / analyze / rationalize diverse information and develop strategy recommendations from observed outcomes.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities effectively.
- Strong working knowledge of Traditional Credit Product, Cash Securities and Derivatives products.
- Strong background in operational process development
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and the firm's general ledger systems
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills·
- Extremely organized and control oriented to handle diverse workload·
- Strong technical skills around MS Excel and MS Access·
- Experience around reconciliation·
- Strong Analytical skills
- Knowledge of primarily Fixed Income and Equity products but knowledge of derivatives, and commercial lending products would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge of the liquidity risk measures is a plus