J.P. Morgan’s Global Market Infrastructures (GMI) is a group within the Chief Administration Office (CAO) within the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB). GMI is responsible for managing J.P. Morgan’s network of critical third party providers for cash and securities services for its proprietary and client activities in approximately 100 markets. These critical providers include Financial Market Infrastructures (Payment Systems, Central Counterparties, Securities Depositories and Check Clearing Systems) and Agent Banks (cash correspondent banks, partner banks and securities sub-custodians and clearing banks).
The core responsibilities of GMI include Market and Infrastructure Management, Agent Performance Management, Network Client Consulting and Information Management and Delivery. The global team is located in Hong Kong, Singapore, Bournemouth (UK), London and New York to provide coverage of markets and selected clients. GMI leverage the standards of the Firm’s Third Party Oversight (TPO) program to select, maintain and exit Financial Market Infrastructures (FMIs) and Agent Banks in scope, thereby meeting the Firm’s regulatory requirement to manage critical third parties as well as the Firm’s policies and client expectations. While the team resides within CIB, it supports all J.P. Morgan lines of business.
The Quality Assurance (QA) program was set up in 2016 to provide independent testing for our FMI assessment documentation, helping to ensure compliance with our Standard Assessment Protocol and quality and consistency of our documentation. After 12 months of operations, the QA function is robust and sustainable, and its value recognised by the process owners and the Controls functions. The next phase of development is to expand the scope to cover other key components of our FMI oversight and underlying processes.
The Quality Assurance Manager plays a critical role in managing the function and leading the team responsible for the performing the QA testing to help ensure the quality as well as procedural adherence covering the assessment, the assessment documentation and the underlying and related processes.
The manager is responsible for stakeholder communication, providing constructive and material feedback on quality trends, including the validity of the reports and associated risk conclusions. In addition the manager is responsible for managing the tools, process and people involved in the quality process. The QA team is located in Bournemouth but partners with various stakeholders globally.
- Lead a team that performs quality evaluations on defined samples of completed TPO documentation.
- Partner with GMI to build a strong understanding of regulations that outline how the QA process is designed
- Build strong working relationships with non GMI teams for example Legal, Compliance, Audit and Lines of Business (LOBs).
- Formulate recommendations to further enhance the overall TPO end to end process.
- Perform root cause analysis and identify solutions and best practices to continually improve the quality of our TPO documentation in alignment with Global GMI Standards and guidance.
- Assess and assist the need for process/ procedural changes and escalation as appropriate
- Manage capacity plans to ensure staffing levels are adequate to support projected work volumes
- Review QA Testing results with appropriate management on a regular basis as prescribed by the function
- Maintain/escalate QA Testing metrics for inclusion in reporting requirements
- Motivate the team to maintain high performance with a commitment to develop direct reports skill set.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Bachelor’s degree, plus relevant experience in Quality Assurance, Compliance, Controls, Quality Assurance, Audit and Risk Management, with knowledge of third party providers being a plus
- Staff management experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft SharePoint
Successful candidates must be able to:
- Possess strong analytical skills, high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to successfully manage internal and external relationships with individuals of all levels.
- Drive results through leadership, people, communication and influence
- Challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective
- Review and hold individuals responsible for performance metrics and service level agreements
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Provide innovative and proactive solutions to problems.
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.