The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
CT teams are aligned with corporate partners’ evolving technology needs and the firm’s ever expanding technology controls agenda.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
- Responding to the evolving regulatory environment and helping to meet the firm’s regulatory commitments by addressing internal and external commitments
- Advancing the firm’s Roadmap programs -- Single Sourcing of data, Architecture Convergence, and Rationalization of Platforms
- Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
- Driving innovation across the firm’s corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
- Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
As a Software Engineer, Test Automation Developer, individual will design, analyze, develop, code, debug, and execute automated test scripts to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects. The candidate must be comfortable communicating with both business and technologists of varying levels. Strong analytical skills and attention to detail will be required for this position. The candidate must be able to work independently, enjoy a fast-paced environment, have exceptionally good verbal and written communication skills, and be comfortable dealing with all levels of management. The ideal candidate is a motivated and “eager to learn” technologist, who will not only deliver on his/hers tasks, but will also strive to understand the overall agenda of delivery to make the right decisions.
- Work with Agile Scrum and Waterfall teams along-side development and business analysts to build/maintain effective automated user acceptance tests that will validate application user stories and functional requirements.
- Code end-end automated regression scenarios to be used as regression tests during development integration and QA cycles.
- Assist with the execution of automated regression and new functional scripts in support of our book of work.
- Adhere to development coding standards and recommend continuous improvement of processes, tools and methodologies for Automation.
- Provide training and knowledge of Automation skills to team members in support of our move from Waterfall to Agile.
- Generate metrics/reporting associated with the team’s automation effort and present the data to various levels of management.
- Work proactively with developers, managers and business partners to develop, coordinate, communicate and enforce testing schedules, and deliverables.
- Perform all testing activities for initiatives across one or more assigned projects, utilizing processes, methods, metrics and software that ensure the quality, reliability and systems safety and security.
- 8 + years of experience in QA with about 5 years of experience as an Automation Engineer
- Demonstrated knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks
- Proven background with Java/J2EE, Junit, Selenium and Gherkin/Cucumber.
- Exposure to web technologies (e.g. HTTP, XML, REST, HTML, etc)
- Exposure to Continuous integration for test automation
- Knowledge of Services and API layer testing
- Ability to negotiate, communicate and deliver effective Automated Test solutions to both Development and QA organizations
- Ability to prepare and effectively present status reports.
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office products – to include Access queries and Excel macro
- Understanding of Software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Excellent Leadership skills and experience working in QA, Automation and Development teams
- Excellent organization and communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems required
- Exposure to other development or test automation tools/frameworks (e.g. Junit, SOAP-UI, Eclipse, Jenkins, CA-Lisa, Ant, Maven, Visual Studio, HP ALM/QTP, JIRA, etc)
- Exposure to Database schemas and SQL queries a plus