As an Area Team Leader in Engineering and Architecture, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative solutions. You’ll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
The Area Team Lead (ATL) is a key leadership position that is 100% dedicated to developing our people by creating and improving high performance teams, partnering with Product Owners (PO’s) and Area Product Owners (APO’s) to ensure the right balance of skills and people. The ATL will work very closely with the PO and APO to understand the resource requirements both short and long term, how the team is performing and understanding the team development needs to ensure we continue to re-tool and upskill our people.
The ATL will be responsible for:
• Managing 20 – 50 people in a flat organization
• Lead/participate in a community of practice across the ATL’s
• Determine the strategic work force composition - currently and what it needs to be and drive proactive recruitment
• Resourcing/capacity management and clarity forecasting
• Foster active engagement, collaboration and relationship among PO and APO(s)
• Regular check in’s with all team members (regular 1:1’s with all team members)
• Leverage measures and data for opportunities to optimize team(s) and their performance
• Compensation planning
• Ensure development plans & training for all team members
• Team building; Attract, develop and retain high performing talent
• Has experience coaching and mentoring less experienced team members
• Promotion recommendations and substantiation
• Day to day people management (e.g. Onboarding/off boarding activities, OOO management)
• Has experience in Agile delivery, Agile at scale or within large organization and Agile transformation
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.