Chase is the neighborhood bank for thousands of communities across the country. Chase serves approximately one out of every six Americans through more than 5,600 bank branches; 19,000 ATMs; mortgage offices; online and mobile banking; as well as relationships with auto dealerships, schools and universities. Chase.com is the most visited banking portal in United States, and Chase Mobile users are growing at a rate of nearly 350,000 per month. With such a broad range of consumer businesses, the mission at Chase is quite simple: to be industry leader in customer experience. Chase has more than 160,000 employees across the world to help achieve this goal.
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambitions is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
Chase is seeking a highly effective and innovative VP Digital Product Manager to lead within the rapidly growing product development efforts for the Chase Pay ecosystem. In this role, the candidate will drive Chase’s future payments roadmap using their expertise in product development, technical architecture and design along with their history of supporting successful product releases. Collaboration with other business and engineering product owners will be required to develop a unified customer experience across all varieties of consumer product sets.
The ideal candidate understands the payments landscape, is an avid user of digital payment applications, technically savvy and is familiar with the opportunities and challenges of e- and m-commerce. Understanding of enterprise finance business models, tracking roadmap delivery and execution is a critical component of the role.
The desired candidate will partner across the business to develop an ever evolving roadmap to drive business objectives forward as well as keep Chase on the leading edge of the rapidly changing technology payments landscape. He or she will lead cross functional teams of core engineering, design, and technical leaders from across Chase to tests and deliver a robust feature set to market.
The successful candidate will be outcome-focused with a practical orientation to developing and maintaining an innovation lifecycle product roadmap, and have a management style that fosters teamwork.
Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong technical background, strong interpersonal skills, and outstanding analytical and research skills, as well as a passion for digital payments and emerging technologies. In addition to being a seasoned, well trained professional, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to inspire confidence from, and to collaborate closely with technology leaders and internal stakeholders.
- Serve as an Agile product owner of both the ChasePay iOS and Android mobile applications
- Work with development teams to create feature requirements, prioritize backlog , review progress, and understand impendiments
- Recommend implementation roadmap to incrementally deliver new functionality to the customers in an Agile manner, while gradually building on the foundation to deliver more sophisticated capabilities through a customer centric approach and innovation
- Assess technical implementation options in terms of cost vs customer and business value
- Track and monitor industry developments and how it impacts Chase and Chase products, new technologies that can be leveraged
- Identify existing gaps, optimizations and future opportunities for the product and capabilities needed for effective operationalization of the product
- Engage closely with the engineering and cross-functional stakeholders to define a roadmap that meets business and consumer needs, while meeting critical deadlines and budget constraints
- Understand, manage, and communicate prioritization of features, with a mind toward user and business benefits and tradeoffs. Identify market opportunities and define product strategy to reflect those;
- Provide clear vision and scope documentation, use cases, workflows, wire-frames, design and product requirements, and other materials as needed to support technical design and development
- Engage closely with and oversee testing and production validation efforts by IT testing partners
- Responsible for driving plans to execution, deployment, and refinement
- Manage cross-impacted initiatives and stakeholder communications to ensure business needs are met
- Set and manage expectations through effective written and oral communications
- Work closely with business and technology teams in developing a cohesive digital payment strategy that delivers the best products for our customers
- Track and analyze metrics compared to industry benchmarks, publish reports on product performance, trends and risks/opportunities for both short and long term
- Drive planning, execution and go to market strategies for new payment services
- 8+ years of product owner or product manager experience as well as record of individual technical achievement;
- Strong experience with designing and delivering highly technical and complex large-scale products
- Expertise in defining and building out product roadmap
- Experience with bringing together cross functional teams and leading execution in an agile delivery model;
- Ability to influence stakeholders with diverse points of view
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize projects and efforts according to business need and industry trends;
- Familiarity with the business services and offerings associated with Chase;
- Ability to influence people at all levels across a broad variety of job functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage tight delivery timelines and calmness under intense pressure;
- Commitment and self-motivation suitable to a start-up team;
- BS or MS in Business Management, Computer Science or comparable field of study;
- Demonstrable experience working in retail banking, payments, e/m-commerce, online and mobile platforms
- Experience with agile product development techniques and continuous integration philosophies and practices for speed to market