JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
The Operational Risk Oversight Team is part of an independent "second line of defense” that will proactively identify potential Operational Risks and ensure adequate controls are in place to guard against financial loss. Through collaboration with Control Contacts and Business Owners from various business areas, this role will help execute the firm’s Operational Risk management framework. This includes assessing the risk facing the business, primarily by means of reviewing: the effectiveness of the control environment; scenario analysis; loss event analysis; key risk and performance indicators; audit and regulatory reviews; and, emerging risks/external events. The position will be focused on CCB backend operation process (centralized Transaction Operations)
This position will work primarily with business and process owners, control officers, and risk committees to evaluate new and existing products and processes.
- Provide independent, objective view of the Business function control environment, mitigation strategies and emerging risks.
- Maintain awareness of risk and control issues within the business whether self-identified or from internal /external audit.
- Review internal and external Operational Risk Errors for opportunities to implement new preventive and detective controls.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of existing controls and provide business direction on opportunities for improvement
- Understand the area’s RCSA, Key Risk & Performance Indicators, and other controls to identify negative trends and potential control gaps
- Maintain strong business relationships with internal clients and deliver presentations to senior audiences.
- Participate in various Operational Risk and LOB meetings related to operational risk and control matters.