Corporate Oversight & Control - Central RCSA Team - Vice President
Req #: 180029540
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
J.P. Morgan’s Firm wide Oversight and Control (O&C) was designed to ensure a strong and consistent control environment across the organization from front office to back office, regardless of line of business or functional area. With Control Officers Leads appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, O&C has a comprehensive coverage/accountability model that promotes firm wide dialogue and consistency in approach and solutions.
Oversight & Control’s guiding principles are to:
- Establish appropriate and meaningful controls and operational risk measures across the firm
- Execute robust, enterprise-wide governance and oversight of the end-to-end control environment.
This position falls under the RCSA Central Team, which provides oversight of J.P. Morgan’s firm wide Risk Control Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) program and strategic direction on J.P. Morgan’s RCSA program. This team works in close conjunction with Operational Risk and Compliance Practices to ensure close alignment between first and second line of defense risk assessment programs.
The O&C Program Manager Vice President will contribute to a number of important operational risk initiatives, while partnering closely with the first, second and third lines of defense to help strengthen and improve J.P. Morgan’s Operational Risk Framework. This role will also partner with Line of Business and Corporate Functions Control Teams to explore enhancements to the RCSA program. The RCSA Program Manager will engage RCSA Stakeholders to help understand program requirements and escalate issues. Finally, this role works to ensure the firm remains on a path of continuous improvement that enables the proactive identification of operational risks and control gaps to ensure the firm is able to avoid errors, fines and losses.
- Drive and execute key RCSA initiatives and projects on behalf of the RCSA Central Team
- Represent the RCSA Central Team at various cross functional operational risk forums
- Coordinate closely with the Operational Risk Practices Team, Controls Room Team and FORCE team on RCSA Program Execution
- Partner with Line of Business and Corporate Function Control Team members to facilitate continuous improvement of operational risk assessment in an effort to avoid errors, fines and losses.
- Act as a point of contact for RCSA leads throughout the business and region
- Maintain awareness of significant changes impacting the business, both internally and externally, to ensure timely integration with the RCSA Program
Strategic thinker with a proven ability to develop, lead, drive and execute a complex firm wide program
Strong executional knowledge of the RCSA
Manage relationships with internal partners such as Operational Risk, Audit, Compliance, and Legal to remove roadblocks while balancing the need for quality and regulatory and policy compliance
Strong working knowledge of FORCE, J.P.Morgan’s Firmwide Operational Risk Control Environment system
Strong organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple high impact projects, while managing expectations and delivering superior results
Excellent working knowledge of audit, risk and operational management concepts as well as the ability to understand and interpret the impact of decisions, and identify/ convey potential problem areas
Facilitate regular updates with business and operations teams with respect to their RCSA assessments
Help design and communicate necessary system enhancements to projects and technology.
Ability to work in a matrixed environment; providing oversight and directly influencing change
High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency
Proven ability to build strong partnerships with key stakeholders
Strong organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional results
Proactive approach to problem solving, owning the issues and having the determination to follow tasks/issues through
Excellent prioritization and time management skills
Excellent PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills; a strong data analytics skill set will be critical to success
Work independently as well as part of a team
- At least 5 years experience in financial services (minimum 3 years in a role with oversight and controls, operational risk management, audit, compliance, or controls).
**Any candidate not meeting ALL the qualifications can be consider for an O&C Sr. Program, Associate