The team is a part of Global Spread (Credit & Securitized Products Group) Technology team supporting Risk and P&L function within Investment Banking. It is responsible for running existing stack and includes strategic work to reengineer technology for both business and regulatory projects. Developers on the team work closely with Market Risk, Finance and Traders to design solutions that drive business growth, efficiency and best-in-class compliance.
Our ongoing areas of development include streamlining existing technology and processes for aspects like Regulatory reporting for consolidated P&L, VaR feeds, CCAR reporting, Market Risk reporting, and onboarding of new products and businesses, as well as continuing maintenance, consolidation and strategic reengineering of our core platforms. The role exposes team to different products within Fixed Income and related work flows.
Team provides an opportunity to work in a global environment with members spread across London, US (NY/NJ) and India.
The role requires a well rounded self-motivated problem solver who enjoys working as part of a team. It is expected that the candidate will come with deep technical knowledge, business understanding and excellent communication skills who is comfortable working directly with the users and as a part of high performance team in a high pressure, challenging and dynamic working environment. The candidate needs to have a track record of delivering high quality, well-tested solutions in a mature controlled environment which is needed to contribute to the Risk and P&L effort.
The role will also require an ability to gain working knowledge in many different types of technologies and an understanding of the unique design considerations that come into play in a diverse and highly interdependent systems environment. Exposure to products knowledge especially in P&L function will facilitate fitting in with the business. High level of interaction with the business is necessary, since our core applications are looked at by traders, finance teams, and regulators.
The system consists of an Oracle database with a Perl-based loading infrastructure, Java access layer and several interactive front ends written in C#.
- Build and maintain core system components as well as specific applied tools in C# with experience to interface with Java, Perl/Python and Oracle. Primarily using .Net skills to interface with Java services/servlets
- Develop strong relationships founded on trust, integrity & delivery with our partners on the business, operations & technology. Work closely with the Product controller team to provide support for issues encountered in daily processing and questions from the business about the system's outputs
- Work with our global team members to achieve better solutions using good project management, efficient communication and SDLC discipline
- Build solutions with testability in mind for diverse user base and functions: clearly define expected results as the first step of any project. "Code for review:" Clearly organize your code and comment where necessary, to facilitate the peer review process
- Manage multiple high profile deliveries simultaneously with the decisiveness to switch focus instantly as market events dictate
Key Relationships: SPG & Credit business, Global Production Support & Infrastructure teams, Other SPG / Credit Technology teams
- Extensive experience and recognized expertise in .NET Clients/UI
- Experience in server side Java development and database backend is highly desirable
- Solid experience with Oracle (or other large RDBMS), data modelling, and performance tuning
- Proficient at least one scripting language; Python / Perl experience is particularly desirable
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat and servlet development is a plus
- Strong architecture experience, familiar with backend service oriented architecture
- Full development & project life cycle experience. Strong testing discipline, Experience of Source control & Change management systems
- Excellent Analytical, logical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to consolidate information from various user groups, analyse the requirements and propose a pragmatic solution
- Superb organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills, ability to think locally & execute globally
- Quick-thinking, intelligent, pragmatic, with a love of problem-solving using technology with an ability to quickly translate requirements into sound technical designs and implementation
- Experience of working in financial services especially Investment Banking or equivalent environment
- Good understanding of one or more asset classes – Securitized and fixed income products preferred
- Demonstrate understanding of P&L
- Ideally the candidate should have 4+ years of work experience in a financial services environment delivering outstanding technical solutions
- Ideally to masters degree level in CS, Math or engineering discipline or equivalent
- Strong .NET UI development. Working with Perl / Python will be plus; OS: Linux, Windows
- Experience in combination of .NET UI working with Java back-end
- Understanding/Experience of RDBMS is required
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran