Corporate Reference Data Operations – Global Head of Vendor & Product Management, ED
Corporate Reference Data Operations is the centralized provider of reference data and asset prices to any consumer in the Firm. Reference Data Operations provides high quality, timely and comprehensive data, in a controlled and standardized manner to reduce risk and total cost of data ownership
Within the Corporate Reference Data Operations the Global Head of Vendor is accountable for transforming the Firm’s approach to managing pricing & reference data to create an industry-leading environment in terms of control, cost, and efficiency. The program scope is will encompass cultural, behavioral, procedural and systemic transformation across the full range of data domains (reference, pricing, common, etc.)
The successful candidates will join a team focused on transformation of our market data management. They will be responsible for end to end management of contract analysis, strategy recommendation and execution of change management initiatives, consistent with the business strategy and principals.
The role will work closely with all stakeholders including business leads, operations, technology, LOB & Firm-wide Chief Data Offices; aiming to leverage best practice across the industry and other JPM business units.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Vendor Management responsibilities include but are not limited too:
- Manage a $60 million portfolio of third-party market data support various reference data domains
- Drive firm-wide deals leveraging all of firm’s buying power to obtain the most favorable costs and terms
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise for our suite of vendor products
- Govern the internal process for leverage of new & existing market data services in partnership with stakeholder groups
- Oversee monthly financial process of reconciling vendor costs to LOB activity, ensuring proper internal allocation.
- Establish strong working relationships with sales & relationship representatives from the key third-party organizations
- Implement robust production health/service delivery oversight with our vendor partners, including the establishment of SLAs and reporting of KPIs
- Manage major service delivery issues and escalations
- Manage vendor change notification process
- Vendor operational risk assessment – subscriber due diligence support
- Major vendor displacement/change & analysis
- Partner with JPM Third Party Oversight to ensure adherence to firm wide standards & controls
- Perform regular vendor quality assessments/comparisons to enable JPM to take advantage of best in class service offerings
In-depth understanding of Reference Data processing, specific to Instrument, Pricing, Common and Client domains.
Experience in negotiating high value contracts, preferably in the market data space
Familiarity with third party oversight practices
Extensive Financial Services and/or related work experience
Requires basic understanding of the company’s business practices, and familiarity with the company’s products and services
Experience managing large-scale third-party providers
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Attention to detail and investigative skills
Ability to clearly define and articulate business requirements
Strong delivery track record
Well organized self-starter
Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills
Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority (up-to Managing Director level) across multiple departments
Strong partnership record and ability to build effective business relationships
Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adopt within a changing environment
Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co:
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its JPMorgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer