About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank Production Management
Production Management acts as guardians of production for CIB, with a global workforce spread across three regions (USA, EMEA, Asia) dedicated to managing daily processing. The team manages over 2,500 applications, processing trillions of dollars a day, with over 1200 employees working toward one clear mission, making stability a competitive advantage.
Banking Production Management is seeking a resource based in Tampa, who will manage both a portfolio of banking applications and the associated team that provides day to day support. The selected individual will be responsible for building and operating a best in class organization, focusing on stability, continuous improvement, people and technology fundamentals (accountability, risk, standards, financial, etc.). The candidate must be able to partner and influence across all levels of the organization, including senior business leaders. The position will be responsible for all aspects of production management including:
- Cultivate a high performing, motivated and empowered workforce
- Redefine skill set required with a focus on technical aptitude and building junior talent
- Develop front to back monitoring, including functional health checks
- Identify and remediate manual/low value activities and misaligned tasks
- Strengthen production owner role, ensuring team challenges the status quo and continually pushes the stability agenda
- Drive automation agenda, including automated code deployments
- Drive root cause on all incidents, avoiding repeat occurrences by partnering with application development to resolve gaps
- Manage production readiness/permit to operate process, ensuring all changes are properly approved, tested and include relevant back out plans
- Change organizational culture to be proactive versus reactive
- Ensure application portfolio adheres to all hygiene requirements
- Owns ongoing production stability and recovery
- Develop effective partnership with senior management and stakeholders
- Meet all disaster recovery, sustained resiliency and recovery time objectives
- Proactively address firm wide cyber initiatives
- Serve a subject matter expert for the application portfolio
- Work as part of the production management organization to deliver against core business objectives and ensure delivering of business functionality and stability
- Perform day-to-day production support to maximize system availability and correct operation, diagnose issues, with full ownership of problems to resolution
- Drive improvements across application release deployment activities into the production environment. Strive to fully automate release deployments in partnership with application and infrastructure development teams
- Build out strong relationships with the CIB Banking production management group, application development teams, and other upstream and downstream support teams
- Develop strong technical expertise in technology and associated applications to understand the end to end transaction flows of applications across the production domain
- Maintain documentation against best practice policies to ensure knowledge retention and continuous learning within team with a view to developing production management knowledge and skills by sharing experiences and attending relevant training
- Perform and seek to continuously improve the monitoring of the application environment and supporting infrastructure. This includes server hygiene standards for patching, end-of-life hardware, on-boarding new infrastructure
- Participate in incident and crisis management events, supporting resolution activities and providing regular status updates to front-line support teams and business users and define/track remediation actions to close
- Participate and coordinate weekend support and testing around key deployments and business continuity exercises
Key Requirements and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strategic, analytical, management and hands on technology skills. Candidate must have superior organizational management, talent management and relationship building skills with significant experience managing an end to end technology environment. Additional qualifications include:
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years’ experience in application development and/or production management, with at least 5+ years as a lead/manager of a global application support or development team
- Experienced resource manager with strong technical skills and a proven track record of service delivery on large, complex applications
- Must be able to multi-task in a complex production environment and quickly acquire broad knowledge of applications
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-starter with confidence to drive issues through to completion in highly pressured environment
- Strong problem management and problem investigation skills with ability to learn new skills quickly to value add in problem focus areas
- Multi-disciplined technology skills encompassing some or all of the following
- Unix (RedHat Linux) skills including Unix Shell Scripting – ksh, perl, bash, python etc
- Windows skills including Powershell scripting
- Database skills Oracle and SQL Server
- Data warehousing and ETL concepts and Informatica knowledge
- Exposure to Big Data concepts , HADOOP , HBase
- Experience with application support peripherals a plus
- Geneos, Autosys and Control-M
- Knowledge of java based application development a plus
- Understanding of the design and implementation of proactive monitoring and health checks
- ITIL Incident management life cycle skills and experience
- A strong understanding of incident, change and problem management, and how to apply them effectively.
- Experience of managing production support in a complex environment, preferably within financial services sector
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication both written and verbal with an ability to communicate at all levels up to senior management
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal and external teams.
- Initiative, self-motivation and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience developing and implementing organizational strategies
- Hands on technical manager, who can drive change, influence and lead across business and technology
- Possesses high level of energy and endurance
- Rigorously holds oneself and others accountable for achieving individual and organizational performance objectives
- Ability to attract and develop top talent
- Demonstrate critical analytical thinking
Constantly challenges status quo and complacency
- Experience in leading diverse global teams across multiple time zones
- Strong knowledge managing distributed technology architecture
- Excellent communicator who is able to present persuasive arguments to senior executives
- Ability to develop consensus within a matrix-managed organizational climate of diverse operational activities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience conducting root cause analysis, driving incident root cause and creating specific actions to prevent reoccurrence
- Demonstrated problem analysis skills, including data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Previous experience management technology projects/initiatives
- Technology change analysis, proactively reviewing change for potential issues and identifying why changes fail
- Able to work with cross functional team of senior leadership including GTI, Application Development, Production Management, etc. driving organizational change and stability
- Willing to work outside of normal hours, including weekends.
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran