We are looking for a progressive, assertive individual, confident in their own ability to join our Middle Office to focus on conducting or overseeing functions related to Private Placement data and overall trading. The successful candidate is expected to be a swift learner due to the diverse nature of our business and the global markets in which JPMIM transacts upon.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Trade Settlement:
- Settle private placement trades in the client’s portfolio that are executed by the portfolio manager/ trader
- Private placements include: commercial mortgage loans, corporate high-yield assets including bonds and equities, hedge funds, and other alternatives
- Asset Servicing:
- Process income payments generated by private investments while verifying accurate compensation and reconciling against cash received
- Maintain and update reference data for private investments held in the client’s portfolio
- Communication with portfolio managers, traders, agents and broker-dealers on a daily basis
- Manage through issues/exceptions with custodians, fund accounting agents, and other third parties to ensure accuracy of client investments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or Finance
- Experience with commercial/residential mortgage loans and high-yield assets such as bonds or equities a plus but not required
- Ability to work in deadline oriented and controlled environment
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to rapidly changing business and technology needs
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of financial markets and desire to learn new financial instruments
- Ideal candidate should have previous experience working in Middle Office Role or have strong working product knowledge of Global Fixed Income and Money Market InstrumentsSkills
- Strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- General knowledge of Microsoft Suite with in depth knowledge of Excel
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and consultative skills
- Ability to take initiative and use proactive approach, exhibit sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical ability and proficient technical skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the financial markets and products
- Ability to work independently and with a sense of urgency
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.