At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our clients, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Our Business Banking segment serves the banking needs of businesses with $1 million to $20 million in revenue. As a Relationship Manager Area Manager you will be helping to improve the lives of our clients and the well-being of their businesses through financial solutions, education and advice. Business Banking is looking for an experienced manager who will lead a team of Business Development Managers in developing new business while maintaining a focus on relationship-building, customer financial advice, client experience and risk management.
· Provides leadership and support to team of Business Development Managers, providing direction, advice, counsel and support to ensure the best customer experience, sound risk management, and continued business retention and growth
· Manages team performance, holding all members accountable for achieving results using appropriate protocols and best business practices; monitors ongoing performance metrics to ensure early intervention and effective corrective action; provides insight and expertise to build buy-in and/or enhance/realign approach
· Provides expertise to team on products, deal structuring, relationship-building, and developing customized solutions through partnership with commercial, consumer, Home Lending, and Chase Wealth Management.
· Coaches and develops team on all aspects of managing a portfolio including relationship management, prospecting, profitability, customer experience, and risk management
· Manages the market's revenue and profitability and monitors adherence to credit quality, regulatory requirements and risk protocols
· Promotes partnership and teamwork within the team and across other functions to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
· Actively recruits, selects and hires top quality talent to ensure pipeline of diverse viable candidates
· Represents bank in community leadership capacity such as Chamber of Commerce, local non-profit boards
Knowledge Skills and Experience
· Seven or more years commercial/business banking or related business lending experience
· Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required
· Prior sales and marketing management experience preferred
· Expert knowledge of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services
· Strong knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred
· Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
· Ability to use reports, metrics and other data to identify trends, issues and opportunities; identifies solutions and removes roadblocks for the team; knows and utilizes available resources to resolve issues when appropriate
· Ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization and influence others without direct control
· Proven ability to maintain a client focus while managing risk
· Ability to lead proactively through change
· Active and visible in community leadership roles
· Travel requirement - 50%
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.