JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
We are seeking a passionate result-oriented technologist to drive better, faster, simpler solutions and technology direction. Someone that is highly motivated, hands-on and cross-functional with the capability of driving high quality solutions to difficult problems.
As an Applications Development Lead, you will work with business and IT leadership to understand IT business strategy and their implication to application(s) under responsibility. You will be accountable to Business and Technology Management for end to end application scoping, planning, development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support. You will prioritize and manage development and implementation of enhancements/changes; oversee installations and Release Management including the final production acceptance review and signoff; manage the issue resolution process for any application production problems; and oversee Operations Monitoring and Capacity Management. You will also oversee formal performance testing process; help manage the relationship with internal and external services vendors to ensure superior service delivery for all application core technologies; work with Application Developers and Business Managers to define and monitor Service Level Agreement's and negotiate appropriate support commitments for existing products; and interact with the Demand Management team and client users to understand and prioritize demand and suggest enhancements. You will oversee activities of junior team members, as applicable, and provide individuals with constructive feedback as it pertains to team performance; coach staff in technical matters and delivering on other job-related responsibilities; conduct performance reviews, appraisals and personal development planning with each team member; and promote effective teamwork and resolve interpersonal issues.
• Candidate will be responsible for the full delivery (designing, developing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting) of applications to satisfy business requirements.
• Single Point of Responsibility for the overall technical integrity of our team's delivery.
• Manage analysis and estimation of future work impacting our team.
• Partner with Architects on the design and architecture for our team's deliverables.
• Be an active Leader and contributor to the team’s delivery.
• Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive our team to successful delivery.
• Ensure development quality is being tracked and improved using techniques like Unit Testing and Peer Review.
• Cultivate and introduce (where appropriate) Agile engineering practices including: Pair Programming, Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.
• Strengthen the presence of our team as a Technical center of excellence.
• Actively work with other leads to align to a consistent technology vision and keep the rest of the organization aware of our activities.
• Mentor team members to progress their technical and professional skills.
Nice to have:
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.