The Applications Developer position in Digital Tech is responsible for ensuring the successful design, development
and code review of application components from a project level. You will utilize mature programming methodologies
and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures, and techniques. You will additionally be responsible for
performing software troubleshooting and monitoring functions for an extremely high transaction rate and low to zero
downtime based applications.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
•Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
•Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
•Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
•Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
•Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
•Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- 6+ years of extensive hands on Application Development work experience throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Strong analysis, design, coding, review and debugging skills with Internet applications
- Strong focus on time-management, decision-making, and project delivery
- Experience in identifying and optimizing existing code and code developed by other team members
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical.
- Should be able to work in a fast paced and scrum/agile environment with aggressive deadlines, where each sprint will
constitute 2 to 3 weeks
Ability to work in agile scrum development environment
- Solid understanding of the AJAX and Spring frameworks.
- Understanding (preferred experience) in JQuery, NodeJS, AngularJS, extJS, SenchaTouch Framework, Promise, and
other frameworks like (FlightJS, requireJS, wireJS , AngularJS)
- Programming background in Java/J2EE or .Net for implementing web technologies.
- Solid understanding of multithreaded software design.
- Strong knowledge of server side design patterns and continuous delivery principles.
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- 5+ years of web development experience, experience working on Windows and Java platforms
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
(c) JPMorgan Chase & Co JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.