GBG - TSG, Junior Research Analyst, Analyst
Req #: 180030925
Job Category: Investment Banking
JPMorgan initially set up the Centralized Research Group (CRG) in Mumbai in August 2002 to provide research and analytical support to its Global Investment Bank, supporting bankers with customized intelligence on targeted companies, sectors and markets, analyzing potential business opportunities and preparing client marketing materials. Starting off with a team of 10, CRG today has a team of over 250 people with its research coverage expanding to JPM locations across the world and spanning various functions beyond Global Investment Banking to include Global Corporate Banking as well. In 2004, CRG Shanghai was set up to add to the successful roll-out of the Mumbai CRG team and provide multi-lingual research support (mainly Chinese apart from working closely with Mumbai on English language research projects). At the moment, this 40+ member team provides research services in English and Chinese to various teams in JPMorgan Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) organization. Nowadays the group is also known as Global Banking Group (GBG) to better represent the added breadth of its services to JPMorgan global business platform.
At CRG, you will be closely integrated with JPMorgan CIB banker teams. In-depth industry and capital market knowledge, financial analysis, and modeling expertise, along with excellent written and verbal communication in Chinese and English as well as presentation skills will be the key skills to support CIB project teams. CRG team members come from diverse educational backgrounds with strong academic performance and relevant work experience.
What are we looking for?
Junior Research Analyst for Treasury Services Group (TSG), Shanghai
• Bachelor/Master degree from a reputed college/institute
• 0-2 years of working experience in financial service industry
• Intellectually inquisitive and highly motivated self-starter with problem solving mindset
• Working knowledge of finance and accounting
• Analytical aptitude and ability to learn new concepts
• Strong written and verbal language skills (Chinese and English) are essential
• Close attention to details and ability to work to very high standards
• Capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines