Commercial Banking - Finance and Risk Roadmap - Financial Analyst - VP
Req #: 180029942
Job Category: Accounting/Finance/Audit/Risk
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its JPMorgan Chase & Co brands. JPMorgan Chase & Co.is committed to providing a comprehensive set of benefits choices to meet different employee needs and lifestyles, which include choices such as fully paid parental leave time, health care insurance and retirement benefits.
Commercial Banking (CB) serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. The Firm's broad platform positions the Commercial Bank to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs.
This position is in support of CB responsibilities to the Firms Finance & Risk Roadmap. The Finance & Risk Roadmap is a multi-year coordinated effort to build and implement a more effective infrastructure and operating model across the firm, focused on:
- Improving the quality of data
- Addressing regulatory requirements
- Simplifying operating model, increasing controls, and reducing operational risk
- Implementing and driving a consistent data management and reference data framework
As part of the Commercial Bank Finance and Business Management team, this role will focus on efforts to source data into the centralized Finance and Risk Warehouse, implement operate models over data governance, and support correct consumption of that data by various reporting platforms. The individual will also drive implementation of the Firmwide data into Commercial Banks data warehouse and work closely with Commercial Banks Data and
Analytics Teams to ensure proper data use. The individual will also play a key role in the development and implementation of MIS reporting utilizing various reporting tools including dashboards and data queries.
- Main CB Liaison for the Corporate FRW team. This includes direction and prioritization on data sourcing, review of potential data quality issues, and coordinating resources within CB to support FRW data requests.
- Testing support of new data feeds into Finance Risk Warehouse, including the identification and landing of numerous new data attributes across Finance and Risk.
- Lead efforts to source FRW data into CB data hub, and model the data for use by CB Risk and Finance teams in support of regulatory reporting and business analysis.
- FRW subject matter expert in support of MIS implementation and takedown of FDW.
- Implementation and support of data operating models within CB data domain.
- 7+ years experience in Finance, Technology or working with Risk/Compliance team preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Technical related major
- Comfortable working with large data sets and summarizing into useful information.
- Experience with data querying tools a plus, including Business Objects, Cognos, SQL.
- Experience with Chase Finance or Risk platforms a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must have the ability to build strong working relationships with the Finance and Risk teams, as well as our Corporate partners.
- Should have very strong MS Access, Excel, & PowerPoint skills.