CIB – Custody & Fund Services – Senior Project Manager – EMEA solutions – Vice President / Executive Director
About J.P. Morgan Investor Services
J.P. Morgan Investor Services, a division of the Corporate & Investment Bank, is a unique combination of related, complementary businesses, working together to provide our clients with seamless end-to-end solutions across the spectrum of fund and custody services, financing, execution and clearing, all with the objective of helping our clients succeed. These product families occupy a top-tier position in the industry in their own right and this combination provides an expanded, integrated and best-in-class suite of end-to-end capabilities.
Custody & Fund Services provides middle office, custody, accounting and administration services for fund managers including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds, pension funds and fund of funds.
• The Client Solutions and Implementation team is responsible for the delivery of new, incremental and transformational business within J.P. Morgan for the EMEA region. The team plays a critical role in ensuring that projects are executed and onboarded efficiently, on time and in line with the business’ strategic agenda.
• The team consists of a team of highly experienced and motivated Project Managers responsible for the end to end on-boarding and off-boarding of Custody and Fund Services clients to JPMorgan’s products, systems and operational support architecture. The team handles a range of cross product on-boarding projects for clients and fund managers and plays a critical role in ensuring that events are executed successfully to the demands of the client and JPMorgan.
• The Custody & Fund Services business has recently commenced an onboarding project for a large Global client with a significant European footprint. The onboarding programme will be a multiyear programme of work to include onboarding of various services in a number of progressive stages.
• The Senior Project Manager is a high profile role within the programme who will have broad responsibility across the stages of implementation and across the different product groups to deliver a consistent project approach to ensure the successful delivery of the programme objectives.
Day to day programme management of a full service client on boarding project working across multiple work-streams including Operations, Technology, Product, HR, Legal etc. and will require regular travel to client and JPM sites across Europe and within the UK
Design and execution of a governance structure supporting the tracking of internal and external milestones against agreed deliverables and target dates providing for to senior JPM and client stake-holder management
SME contribution to the program and individual work-streams including defining scope, working principles, milestone setting, success criteria, resource requirements, project planning and key dependencies for successful execution of the scope objectives
Review of program and individual work-streams to ensure best practice reporting and recording of key issues, RAG status, watch items, resource dependencies and scope change. Documenting and distribution of actions from internal and external Steer Co's.
Identification and monitoring of cross work-stream dependencies including any go/no go decision points, toll gates or success measure check points. Re-assessing of project plans for any key dependency/assumption changes
Knowledge of associated legal or commercial clauses relating to the on-boarding and escalating any change in scope during the on-boarding
Coverage for, and supporting, the JPM overall Program Manager including point of contact for client (at senior and junior levels), internal escalations, hosting of Steer Co's and general escalation point for day to day issues
Production of MIS and associated data/presentation materials as is required (internal or external) as well logging/monitoring open documentation requirements
Support requirements for client due diligence, procedure documentation requests, operating model assessments etc.
Project Management support for individual workstream project managers in the execution of their project management duties including planning, risk and issue management, dependency tracking, resource management and reporting
Management of Programme Management Office function to co-ordinate cross workstream programme deliverables including cross function on-boarding dependencies, consistency of planning, resource management, risk management, change management etc. Ensuring consistency of client facing programme reporting materials and messaging.
Maintenance of document and data repository to ensure an audit trail is created covering the project objectives, execution and traceability
Ensure compliance with controls and procedures with focus on project risk management
• Proven track record of large scale project management in client facing environment using project management best practice discipline . Considerable knowledge of Investor Services products
• Proven Track record of management of virtual project teams combining subject matter experts and experienced business analysts
• Proven ability to coach best practice project/programme management for existing workstream project managers
• Degree qualified and / or, professional project certification, or the equivalent work experience.
•Technical skills including MS Office tools, including Power Point, Word, Excel, Project and Visio.
Skills / Competencies
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a pressurized environment
• Highly structured, detail oriented and methodical in execution
• Clear, articulate and concise verbal and written communication, with the ability to influence and direct individuals to successfully complete projects/assignments
• Strong focus on client, quality and control environment
• Strong interpersonal, relationship and partnership skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads, strong time-management skills
• Ability to understand and resolve or escalate issues quickly
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.