As a Production Engineer (Associate), your mission is to work on assigned applications within Merchant Services to keep the applications healthy and running. You will become an application SME on the application, building a relationship with AD to help drive application stability. You will be responsible for reporting on your application’s stability and providing training for global teams who provide production support for your application(s).
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities
· Become an application SME, drive Incident Management and handle high priority incident calls
· Troubleshoot errors in production
· Working with AD, drive production stability
· Maintain and improve application monitoring capabilities
· Review implementation plans for accuracy and quality
· Maintain runbooks and metrics data quality for assigned application(s)
· VOS Stratus Operating System
· C/C++ and command macros
· Knowledge in IPC (Inter-Process Communication)
· Knowledge in Linux/Unix Operating System
· Hands on in bash commands and Shell scripting
· Hands on in awk and sed language
· Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal skills.
· Strong Analytical skills.
· Incident management Process
· Change Management Process
· Problem Management Process
· Knowledge in HP-Service Manager ( or similar incident ticketing tools)
· Knowledge in Monitoring tools such as Control-M ( or crontab)
· Knowledge of RDMS (like Oracle SQL)
· ITIL Foundation V3/2011 certified
· DevOps certified
· Experience in Payment processing/Cards industry a plus
· Bachelor's degree in a computer related field and 5 to 7 years related experience
· Bachelor's degree in other field and 5 to 7 years equivalent experience
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Not ready to apply? Leave your information with us and we will keep you up to date with new career opportunities.
Sign in to our application system to continue your job search.
Current employees sign in here.
You can also apply using your LinkedIn® profile. It may save you some time because your information will be automatically transferred into our system. Just click on the LinkedIn logo when you get to the application screen and follow the directions.
During the application process, be sure you have an up-to-date copy of your Résumé, your cover letter and any other documentation you would like to submit.